Kim Kardashian Growls Back About Sad Kitten Photo
By Dino Sossi Posted Apr 20th 2010 02:21PM
"Rest assured, the owner and vet were on set and showed me how to pick him up," Kardashian wrote in a blog post Monday, referring to a photo showing her holding a cat by the scruff of its neck during a photo shoot. "The cat was not harmed in any way and is perfectly fine! I love animals and would never do anything to harm any animals."
Kardashian's fan base took the prospects of animal abuse seriously, reacting negatively to the image.
Comments ranged from confused ("i hope you was not hurting that poor little kitty. im against animal cruelty," wrote Yanirislove) to angry ("This is really not a nice picture! Do you only think about yourself? You are a beautiful woman from the outside, but by the looks of this picture I am not very thrilled about the way you treat animals," said Shootinbeauty).
Representatives from animal rights groups, who normally police and condemn this type of behavior, muted their normally deafening opposition. They did not believe Kardashian, 29, was intentionally attempting to harm the cat in question. "Kim Kardashian isn't the only person who mistakenly thinks that because a mother cat picks up her kittens by the scruff of the neck that a supportive hand under the rump isn't needed," said a representative from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). "But I'll bet plenty of fans have let her know -- nicely, we hope!" they added.
To clarify the issue, PETA stated that kittens can be suspended by the scruff of their necks, but only for a brief period of time. They did warn, however, that "the manner in which Ms. Kardashian is holding the kitten could lead others to mishandle animals."
Celebs Take the Pics
See what happens when celebrities take over the role of paparazzi and share intimate photos with their fans. Best Celebrity Twitter Pics >>
Khloe Kardashian, TwitPic
Khloe Kardashian, TwitPic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bethenny Frankel Returning to Real Housewives of New York City; Alyssa Milano Leaving Mistresses: Top 5 Stories
- Porsha Williams Says She Was "Blindsided" by Real Housewives Demotion: It's Time to "Spread My Wings"
- American Horror Story: Freak Show Opening Credits Are as Creepy as You'd Expect
- ?Hank Is Not Gay!' ? Kendra Wilkinson Will Move On With Husband Hank Baskett Despite Cheating Allegations ? ?He Deserves Forgiveness'
- Trashed & Making A Splash! Amanda Bynes ?Drunk' On Rooftop Of West Hollywood Hotel Following DUI Arrest
- Bethenny's Back! Frankel Returning To ?Real Housewives Of New York City'
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'
- Oops! Selena Gomez's Zipper Is Down at the Airport—Is That Why Paparazzi Are Falling to the Ground?
- Niall Horan Nearly Swallowed His Own Puke When He Met Justin Timberlake—and More Celebs That Turn One Direction Into Fanboys!
- Stalker Creator Kevin Williamson Reveals Scary Real-Life Experience That Inspired the Show