Sandra Bullock Surfaces Sans Wedding Ring
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 20th 2010 07:38AM
Entertainment Tonight,' with ET reporting that Bullock "looked somber despite the occasional smile, wearing barely any makeup" or the vintage platinum ring she's possessed since her marriage to James in 2005.
"She is devastated but being methodical and trying to make the right decision about what to do next," a friend of the actress says in the latest issue of Us Weekly. "She's reading a lot of scripts, because it takes her mind off everything. She just wants to get on with the next phase of her life."
The hike is Bullock's only recent public appearance. The actress was last spotted in late March, heading to the home of a supportive friend.
Watch the Girls on Pop with the boys from ItsTheReal.com talk Sandra sans ring
[Check out reactions from PopEater readers, sharing their personal wedding ring stories and opinions]
According to the New York Post, Bullock's lone post-scandal appearance wasn't exactly impromptu. The paper claims that Bullock -- rather than be assaulted by hordes of ambitious paparazzi all looking for the big reveal shot -- worked out a deal with the reputable Getty Images photo agency for sole rights to the photos. While there's no word if or how much Getty paid Bullock for the photos, the Post reports that 'ET' coughed up $60,000 for exclusive rights to the pictures.
This wouldn't be the first time that Getty has had their hand in post-scandal photos. They were also the exclusive agency when Elin Nordegren, Tiger Woods' wife, stepped out for the first time.
For the Getty photos, Bullock left her Hollywood Hills home to visit friend Gabriel Brener, who is also financial backer of her production company, according to Radaronline.com. Brener is an investor in Fortis Films, which has produced Bullock movies such as 'Hope Floats.'
It was a brief visit before Bullock, surrounded by security and wearing a big black hat to keep the prying eyes of paparazzi away, returned home in her Mercedes.
Meanwhile, the Web site reports that Bullock's husband Jesse James will stay in treatment for weeks to come.
Sandra Bullock Snapshots
It's hard to catch a Sandra Bullock sighting in the aftermath of her husband's sex scandal. See pics of the beautiful starlet >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Tori admits hasn't had sex with Dean since scandal broke
- Man given suspended jail sentence for stealing Peter Frampton's luggage
- Discovery Cancels 'Everest Jump Live' After Avalanche Deaths
- Box Office (Specialty): Woody Allen a Big Draw in 'Fading Gigolo' Despite Scandal
- Box Office: 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Launches Overseas to Massive $47 Million
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during ?Hedwig' performance
- PopWatch Planner: ?Parks and Rec' finale, ?The Blacklist' big episode, ?John Oliver' premiere, and more
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism
- Weekend Box Office: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Again, 'Transcendence' Disappoints
- The 101 Best Sports Movies of All Time
- 'The Normal Heart' Trailer: Mark Ruffalo Speaks Out (VIDEO)