'Disturbed' Spike Lee Takes On Michael Jackson Movie
By Bryan Alexander Posted Apr 21st 2010 03:25PM
"Spike was bent out of shape about Michael Jackson's death for a long time," said Samuel Jackson. "(He was) depressed."
"I guess the depression set him into writing that story. He was disturbed by the death."
The movie will be called 'Brooklyn Loves You, Michael Jackson.'
Jackson explained that Lee's movie will be about people who want to throw a concert in Brooklyn for Michael "and the new gentrified people that live in the neighborhood (who) are worried about the kind of element that might be coming into the neighborhood."
Lee was a key organizer of an actual 'Brooklyn Loves You, Michael Jackson' concert thrown for Michael Jackson's birthday following his 2009 death.
Samuel Jackson said it "looks like I might be doing" the movie and hopes Julianne Moore will play his wife.
The actor had lunch with the Lee the day after the Oscars at Los Angeles restaurant Mr. Chow. "We had a power meeting. We talked about it and I read the script. So it should be okay."
Samuel Jackson was speaking from the press day of his new movie "Mother and Child" which opens May 7.
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ryan Phillippe: I've only made 5 good movies
- Remember when Carmen Electra married Dennis Rodman...
- 'Women in War': Soldiers, pilots, spies - you name it, women do it
- Watch Taylor Swift Dance in "Bake It Off" with Jamie Oliver
- Oscar De La Renta Execs: "Through Oscar's Example, We Know the Way Forward"
- 'The Flash's' Rick Cosnett on the Mystery of Eddie Thawne: Things Unravel Fast
- David Alan Basche Tells Us His 5 Favorite Movies Featuring Sitcom Stars
- 'Saturday Night Live' Adds Leslie Jones to Cast
- Best of Late Night TV: Ice Cube Talks N.W.A. Movie, Alan Cumming Recalls Shia's 'Cabaret' Arrest (VIDEO)