'Disturbed' Spike Lee Takes On Michael Jackson Movie
By Bryan Alexander Posted Apr 21st 2010 03:25PM
"Spike was bent out of shape about Michael Jackson's death for a long time," said Samuel Jackson. "(He was) depressed."
"I guess the depression set him into writing that story. He was disturbed by the death."
The movie will be called 'Brooklyn Loves You, Michael Jackson.'
Jackson explained that Lee's movie will be about people who want to throw a concert in Brooklyn for Michael "and the new gentrified people that live in the neighborhood (who) are worried about the kind of element that might be coming into the neighborhood."
Lee was a key organizer of an actual 'Brooklyn Loves You, Michael Jackson' concert thrown for Michael Jackson's birthday following his 2009 death.
Samuel Jackson said it "looks like I might be doing" the movie and hopes Julianne Moore will play his wife.
The actor had lunch with the Lee the day after the Oscars at Los Angeles restaurant Mr. Chow. "We had a power meeting. We talked about it and I read the script. So it should be okay."
Samuel Jackson was speaking from the press day of his new movie "Mother and Child" which opens May 7.
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jazz bassist Charlie Haden dead at 76
- MTV debuts show about group of 20-something virgins
- Upton doesn't rule out Playboy but right now it's not happening
- 'Rising Star': What to Expect During the Duels
- Tracy Morgan Sues Walmart Over Deadly Crash
- CNBC Host-Led Investor Group Will Buy Crumbs
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Gary Oldman's 10 Most Transformative Roles (PHOTOS)
- 14 Spooky Horror TV Shows Worth Getting Scared By (VIDEO)
- Brace Yourself for Benedict Cumberbatch's Comic-Con Debut