Joe Jackson 'Won't See' MJ Cirque du Soleil Show
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 21st 2010 04:05PM
"That's something else, isn't it?" Joe Jackson told PopEater when asked how he felt about his son inspiring a real-life circus. He added, "I won't see it."
The deal, announced Tuesday, will bring a Jackson-themed nightclub and Cirque du Soleil show to Las Vegas in 2012. But first, a Jackson-Cirque touring show will hit the road in late 2011.
The Jackson estate will own half of the project, with the Montreal-based performance company as their partner.
The 'Bad' singer's mother, Katherine, sounded a bit more enthusiastic about the deal. In a statement, she said, "Our family is thrilled that Cirque du Soleil will pay tribute to my son in such an important way."
This is the third major deal by the Jackson estate since his death last June, representatives said on Tuesday.
► Sony Music announced in March a $250 million deal to release 10 albums using unreleased music.
► Last fall, Sony Pictures released the $261 million-grossing film 'This Is It,' using footage of Jackson during rehearsals for his comeback tour.
Cirque du Soleil knows a thing or two about turning well-known music into successful live spectacles. They currently have shows based on Elvis Presley and the Beatles.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Mindy Project' star Adam Pally reveals which celeb sex tape he owns
- Recast ?Game of Thrones' princess posts hilarious video reaction
- Watch! One Direction Star Strips Down on a Boat... Guess Who It is
- Benji Madden Plays Coy About Vacation Pics with GF Cameron Diaz
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Steve Madden's Favorite Shoe Fashion!
- Adrienne Bailon Defends Rob Kardashian Comments: "We All Learn From Our First Loves"
- Drew Barrymore's Half-Brother John on Sister Jessica's Death: "Doubt She Took Her Own Life"
- Hilary Duff Wrote Song About Estranged Husband Mike Comrie in New Album: "Maybe We Are" Meant to Be