Melanie Griffith 'Starving the Monster' of Addiction
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 21st 2010 06:48AM
¡Hola! magazine (via PEOPLE). "I think of it as a monster. If I feed it, it will always want more and more, so now I'm letting it starve to death in a corner. But it's always there."
Griffith, 52, has struggled with substance abuse for decades and says medical treatment has helped her kick the habit. "Now I feel free," she says. "I don't drink. I don't take pills. Nothing. And it's fantastic. It's like getting out of prison."
Antonio Banderas, who has been married to Griffith for nearly 14 years, says that seeing his wife through her addiction has brought the entire family closer. "There were people who literally didn't give us more than six months!" Banderas says. "But we love each other, and above all we love our family. We've figured out how to get past obstacles ... and if you get past those, you only get stronger."
The actress sought treatment over the summer at the Cirque Lodge in Utah. "She is there to reinforce her commitment to stay healthy," her publicist Robin Baum told Star magazine at the time. "This is part of a routine plan that was designed between her and her doctors years ago."
Melanie Griffith talking to a street musician in Santa Monica April 10, 2010 X17online.com EXCLUSIVE
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Tim McGraw: Faith Hill makes me 'better at everything'
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD
- Chinese Online Giant Tencent Sets Up Film Unit
- Bill Murray Is No Angel in First 'St. Vincent' Poster
- James Cameron Wins 'Avatar' Idea Theft Lawsuit Against Artist
- The high-end version of Apple Watch might cost $5K
- Liam Neeson, Bono have been working on a movie script for six years
- Andy Samberg teams with Umami Burger to create ?The Samberger'
- Michael Kors's Best 'Project Runway' Critiques (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Red Band Society' and 'The Mysteries of Laura' Series Premieres, 'Franklin & Bash,' and More Picks
- 7 Sitcom Guys That Are Our Boyfriends In Our Heads (GIFs)