Why Was the Ringless Sandra Bullock Photo Worth So Much Money?
By Jo Piazza Posted Apr 21st 2010 11:02AM
The picture shows Bullock on a hike in northern California with no makeup, smiling and sipping coffee. Most notable is the bare finger on her left hand -- no wedding ring.
On Saturday, photo agency Getty Images put out a call to magazines and television outlets to submit their bids for these exclusive first pics. Bids skyrocketed within an hour. Most magazines dropped out when the bids reached $75,000, one mag insider tells PopEater (contrary to reports that ET nabbed the pics for $60K).
It's been a while since a grainy pap shot sold for so much. These aren't the halcyon heydays of $500,000 Brad and Angie pics, after all. The paparazzi bubble burst years ago, so why are these snaps so worthy of cash?
"It is the first picture. Everyone wants to see how she is doing, and this is the first time you've seen her since the incident other than that crappy picture of her all covered up. We saw the same thing with Tiger except that photo didn't go to auction, it was released by Tiger's camp," one mag insider explained.
But was this shot a set-up, an indication from Sandra to her fans that she is doing alright and staying strong? You always have to wonder how she made it out of the house without the paparazzi getting a picture of her getting into her car. But where there is a will there's a way. Sandy could have left late at night and camped out at a friend's place until she was ready for her close-up.
"I don't think Sandra's first photos were a PR stunt, but that could be because I may be a little naïve to think that 'America's Sweetheart' would care to drum up a stunt considering the delicate nature of events. However, I do believe she wanted to allow photos of herself to indeed show the world and her fans that she really is OK. Trust me, when Sandra is ready for the media to hear her side, she'll have more than enough options to choose from -- an easy ride for any PR person or team in my humble opinion," explains Spinmeister Tamika Morrison of TWS Marketing Communications.
- Filed under:
- Movie News -
- Photos -
- Girls Video Podcast -
- Celebenomics With Jo Piazza -
- Sandra Bullock
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer: 'It's Her.' 'Good. Kill Her.' (Video)
- Tom Cruise Developing Another 'Jack Reacher' Movie
- Actress Eleanor Parker Dies at 91
- ?Time' 2013 Person of the Year finalists: Miley Cyrus, President Obama among top 10
- ?Super Mario 3D World' review: The portly plumber's latest is totally pawesome
- ?Real Housewives of Atlanta': What should Kandi do? POLL
- AFI Reveals Top 10 Movies of 2013
- And the 10 Most Overpaid Actors Are...
- 'Wolf of Wall Street' Has Far More Profanity Than 'Raging Bull,' Says Martin Scorsese