Why Was the Ringless Sandra Bullock Photo Worth So Much Money?
By Jo Piazza Posted Apr 21st 2010 11:02AM
The picture shows Bullock on a hike in northern California with no makeup, smiling and sipping coffee. Most notable is the bare finger on her left hand -- no wedding ring.
On Saturday, photo agency Getty Images put out a call to magazines and television outlets to submit their bids for these exclusive first pics. Bids skyrocketed within an hour. Most magazines dropped out when the bids reached $75,000, one mag insider tells PopEater (contrary to reports that ET nabbed the pics for $60K).
It's been a while since a grainy pap shot sold for so much. These aren't the halcyon heydays of $500,000 Brad and Angie pics, after all. The paparazzi bubble burst years ago, so why are these snaps so worthy of cash?
"It is the first picture. Everyone wants to see how she is doing, and this is the first time you've seen her since the incident other than that crappy picture of her all covered up. We saw the same thing with Tiger except that photo didn't go to auction, it was released by Tiger's camp," one mag insider explained.
But was this shot a set-up, an indication from Sandra to her fans that she is doing alright and staying strong? You always have to wonder how she made it out of the house without the paparazzi getting a picture of her getting into her car. But where there is a will there's a way. Sandy could have left late at night and camped out at a friend's place until she was ready for her close-up.
"I don't think Sandra's first photos were a PR stunt, but that could be because I may be a little naïve to think that 'America's Sweetheart' would care to drum up a stunt considering the delicate nature of events. However, I do believe she wanted to allow photos of herself to indeed show the world and her fans that she really is OK. Trust me, when Sandra is ready for the media to hear her side, she'll have more than enough options to choose from -- an easy ride for any PR person or team in my humble opinion," explains Spinmeister Tamika Morrison of TWS Marketing Communications.
- Filed under:
- Movie News -
- Photos -
- Girls Video Podcast -
- Celebenomics With Jo Piazza -
- Sandra Bullock
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Daily Show' co-creator Lizz Winstead sparks outrage with Oklahoma tornado joke about conservatives
- Country star Toby Keith says tornado-ravaged Okla. hometown is 'resilient,' planning benefit
- Then and Now: 'The Brady Bunch'
- John Malone's Liberty Global Eyes Sale of TV Channels Arm (Report)
- Cannes: Indian Director Anurag Kashyap on His Five Films on the Croisette (Q&A)
- Cannes: U.K.'s Rainmark Films Partners With Germany's Beta for Nordic Crime Thriller
- ?Glee': I don't know what month the show is taking place in and it's driving me insane!
- Nine highlights from Microsoft's debut of next-gen Xbox One
- ?Glee' star Jenna Ushkowitz takes EW's Pop Culture Personality Test ? VIDEO
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret
- Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal