'7th Heaven' Star Admits 'I Didn't Care if I Died'
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 22nd 2010 04:20PM
"There were times I didn't care if I died," he told PEOPLE. "I felt like I was losing everything."
London wed actress Melissa Cunningham in September 2006 and welcomed their son Lyrik, now 3, soon after. But his drug abuse only got worse. Although London entered rehab in September 2009, he and his wife are now going through a divorce.
For now, London can only see his son during a twice-weekly visitation. "I'm learning it's much easier to deal with life with a clear head," he said. "There are so many things I wish I could have done differently."
London gave into his addictions during his rise to fame. "I was treated like royalty," says London, 37. "It was hard for my brain to accept."
The actor and his identical twin brother Jason moved to Los Angeles in 1993. At the time, he was still reeling from the death of his younger sister Dedre, who was killed in a car accident in 1992.
He was arrested in the spring of 2004 for allegedly driving with a suspended license and for carrying controlled substances.
According to IMDB, London is currently filming 'Q for Death' and has completed eight other projects.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Demi Moore arrives at the premiere of 'The Joneses' on April 8th in Los Angeles.
Charley Gallay, WireImage
Charley Gallay, WireImage
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lorde Thrashes Around, Gives Energetic Performance of "Yellow Flicker Beat" at 2014 AMAs: Watch Now, Plus Taylor Swift's Audience Dancing!
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 7, Episode 3 Recap: New Housewife Claudia Jordan Debuts and More Top Moments
- Taylor Swift Plays With Fire in Over-the-Top "Blank Space" Performance at 2014 AMAs: Watch the Video
- The Best, Worst & Wackiest Dressed Stars At The 2014 American Music Awards
- Scott Parties While Pregnant Kourtney Posts About ‘Choices’ On Instagram
- Miley Looks Like A Muppet At Her Raunchy Birthday Celebration
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- Nicki Minaj Admits She Feels "Shy a Lot," Tells Fans She Isn't Done With Music Just Yet
- Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" Performance at the 2014 AMAs Was on Fire! See the Sexy Pics
- Kylie Jenner Wears Grill to AMAs! Plus, Khloè Kardashian Reveals Which Performance She's Most Excited For