'Harry Potter' Star Says Filming a Sex Scene is Hard, Watching It With Parents is Harder
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 22nd 2010 07:48AM
Rupert Grint grow from a child to a young man in the nine years of his 'Harry Potter' appearances. Grint's new film 'Cherrybomb' is a dramatic departure from the wizard world that made him famous -- the film features the actor as a troubled teenager indulging in drugs and sex. In an interview with The Mirror, Grint describes the experience of his first sex scene: "Filming it was a really nerve-wracking experience but the worst bit was watching it with my parents ... It was agonizing. The scene's quite tastefully done but it's not the sort of moment you really want to share with your mum and dad."
"When the scene arrived we all sat there not really saying anything. Afterwards nobody talked about it, which was kind of a relief," he says.
Grint, who stars alongside British actress Kimberley Nixon, admits, "Shooting the sex scene was a pretty anxious time because I didn't know how it would be shot. It's the anticipation that scares you most."
Watch the 'Cherrybomb' Trailer
"Obviously, I really didn't want my bum up there on the screen but the scene isn't too graphic and most of it is suggested rather than seen," he adds. "But you do feel very self-conscious. It was more embarrassing for Kimberley because a lot more of her body is shown. But you just have to get into that moment and get on with it."
Grint is still appearing in the 'Harry Potter' films. The last book of the series, 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,' has been split into two film adaptations, to be released in 2010 and 2011, respectively.
"I know some people are going to criticize the use of drugs in the film," Grint explains, "But, as I get older, I'm naturally going to do more of these adult roles."
"I guess none of us ever thought it would really end and packing up the dressing rooms will be weird," he says of ending the long run as Harry Potter's sidekick Ron Weasley. "I'm kind of looking forward to moving on and doing different things."
MORE ABOUT Rupert Grint
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Rupert Grint Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vogue sued for Kim Kardashian/Kanye West photo shoot video
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Prince and Warner Music make up after epic legal battle
- Gwen Stefani in Talks to Join NBC's 'The Voice'
- Tribeca: Inside the Festival's Incredibly Busy Offices (Video)
- NBC Sports Launches Kentucky Derby 'Save the Date' Campaign (Video)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- ?Salem' star Shane West knows nothing about ?Harry Potter' ? VIDEO
- ?Scandal' star Scott Foley's Reddit AMA: 9 things we learned
- Steven Spielberg's Next Movie May Be Religious Drama 'The Kidnapping of Eduardo Mortara'
- New Photos Reveal Michael Fassbender as 'Macbeth' (PHOTOS)
- Denis O'Hare Reveals Who His 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Character