Fergie Dishes on Royal Romance, Oprah Aspirations
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 23rd 2010 05:29AM
Prince William would be getting married. However, she did have great advice to all brides, including Kate Middleton, and also told me how she would love to be the next Oprah!
Sarah tells me that it's important for Kate to "remember that you're marrying a beautiful man you are in love with and remember to make time for him. Because I didn't." She goes on to discuss her own marriage from 1986-1996, saying, "Andrew and I spent 40 days together for the first five years of our marriage. I didn't know that would be the case, but figured it out two weeks after I was married," Fergie told me.
And what about those rumors that she's got her eyes set on becoming the next big television star, a la Oprah? "I would love to have my own show on American TV. I love America. Me on the streets meeting real people," Sarah told me while promoting
I even caught her asking TV honcho Amy Rosenblum -- who's produced everything from 'Today' to 'Maury Povich' -- that pivotal Hollywood question: "When are we doing a show together?"
Amy, who is now turning LXTV into a huge hit (where I deliver all the celebrity news once a week), tells me, "Sarah has been a friend of mine for a long time, and I can tell you she has a connection with people not unlike Oprah. She's intoxicating and makes everyone around her feel special."
Before you think she's too good for the "real people" because she's royalty, Fergie tells me she particularly loves "middle America," and that she "was in Target just recently in Minneapolis buying DVDs and clothing. I loved it. Isaac Mizrahi clothing at Target -- I love!"
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
"Jersey Shore" cast members grabs drinks before strolling about town to film an episode for the upcoming season in Miami Beach.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bethenny Frankel Returning to Real Housewives of New York City; Alyssa Milano Leaving Mistresses: Top 5 Stories
- Porsha Williams Says She Was "Blindsided" by Real Housewives Demotion: It's Time to "Spread My Wings"
- American Horror Story: Freak Show Opening Credits Are as Creepy as You'd Expect
- ?Hank Is Not Gay!' ? Kendra Wilkinson Will Move On With Husband Hank Baskett Despite Cheating Allegations ? ?He Deserves Forgiveness'
- Trashed & Making A Splash! Amanda Bynes ?Drunk' On Rooftop Of West Hollywood Hotel Following DUI Arrest
- Bethenny's Back! Frankel Returning To ?Real Housewives Of New York City'
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'