Kim Kardashian: My Husband Beat, Abused Me
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 23rd 2010 12:42PM
Kim Kardashian claims that she was a victim of domestic violence during a marriage that many people (including PopEater) had no idea ever happened. New documents from Kim's 2003 divorce allege that her ex-husband, music producer Damon Thomas, beat and abused her on a regular basis during their marriage. The shocking claims include accusations that Thomas punched Kim in the face and demanded she get liposuction. The documents and claims ... after the jump.
Abuse Claims in Kardashian Divorce Papers
In Section 9, Kim details the size difference between her and Thomas, apparently to show how he used it to his physical advantage against her. See the Shocking Documents >>>
Kim Kardashian Divorce Papers
According to the documents, which were first published in Britain's Daily Mail, Kardashian was 19 at the time she and Thomas, then 29, tied the knot in January 2000. According to Kardashian's statements in the divorce papers, soon after their nuptials, the abuse began.
"Damon first hit me a few months after we were married," she says in the statement, going on to describe several instances of alleged abuse in detail.
"One incident occurred on the day that Damon and I were going skydiving with Justin Timberlake," Kardashian says. "Before we left home, Damon hit me in the face and cut my lip open. I fell into the bed frame and banged my knee hard."
Kim goes on to tell of another incident in which Damon "learned that I had paged someone," which then led to another violent episode. "He became enraged and punched me in the face. My face was bruised and swollen as a result."
Kim then admits to a decision that haunts many domestic violence victims.
"I thought about calling the police but was afraid and decided not to do so."
In yet another incident detailed in the papers, Kim says, "[Thomas] came at me and slammed me against the closet wall ... He held me up against the wall with his hands around my neck and threatened to choke me. He then took one hand and punched the wall right next to my head."
Aside from physical abuse, Kardashian says that Thomas also used to abuse her psychologically. Kim claims she was forced to quit her job and stay at home because Thomas "wanted to know where I was at all times." "He often arrived home at 4:30AM and expected me to prepare a meal for him at that hour," she says. He would also demand that she "ask permission" to go to the store or out to dinner with friends.
Another claim made by Kardashian is that Thomas gave her thousands of dollars and told her to get liposuction.
After three years of marriage, Thomas filed for divorce in 2003. In 2004, it was made official and he was ordered to pay Kim $56,000.
As a music producer, Thomas has worked with countless popular artists, including Lionel Richie and Pink. He also produced the soundtrack for the Oscar-nominated 2006 film 'Dreamgirls.'
Kim Kardashian Photos
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - APRIL 21: Kim Kardashian makes an instore appearance at Optus on Bourke St on April 21, 2010 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Robert Prezioso/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Kim Kardashian
Getty Images AsiaPac
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nikki Ferrell Blasts Bachelorette Producers: How Do They Sleep at Night?
- Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Trey Songz, Cozy up for Picture at House Party
- Bachelorette After the Final Rose Recap: Andi Dorfman's Runner-Up Confronts Her About "Making Love" to Him
- Do You Smell What He's Cooking? Dwayne Johnson Is A ?Total Sex Pot,' His Co-Star Raves ? Did They Get Close Off Set Too?
- On The Hunt For Baby Bumps! Celebs Show Off Their Pregnancy Styles ? See How They Dress Up Their Biggest Accessory!
- Forklift Fumble ? ?New Year's Eve' Employee Sues For Pain & Suffering After On-Set Accident Leaves Him Injured
- Sofia Vergara's new man spends time with her family
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Celebs who don't dress their age
- Teen Wolf Recap: Everybody's Getting Killed And/Or Thrown Down Wells! – Plus, Is [SPOILER!] Dying?
- The Bachelorette Finale: Find Out Who Wins, Who Loses It, & Who Cries – Plus, a Fantasy Suite Secret Revealed!
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Unintentionally Give the Cameras Their Best Blue Steel Face and Kill It!