Sandra Bullock Has a Real Oscar
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 23rd 2010 08:54AM
Just to be sure, PopEater confirmed with the Oscar governing body -- the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Sciences.
"There was definitely no Oscar mix-up," Academy spokesperson Teni Melidonian confirms to us. "Sandra Bullock took home the right Oscar that night. We hand the Oscar to her right on the stage and that's the one she goes home with."
When Bullock famously accepted the 'Worst Actress' award for 'All About Steve' she was handed a Razzie onstage. But it turned out that was the prototype award and the organizers needed it back. Bullock was seemingly the last to find out about this mix-up after the British tabloids pounced on the story.
She won't have the same problem with the Oscar she received for 'The Blind Side.' For the first time ever, this year's winners had their names personally engraved on a nameplate which was attached directly after winning.
"[Bullock] had the nameplate attached at the Governor's Ball," says Melidonian.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The famous faces behind some of your favorite cartoon characters
- Country singer RaeLynn reveals secret about former 'Voice' coach Blake Shelton
- Justin Bieber compares his fender bender to Princess Diana crash
- Turner Layoffs Arrive Amid Search for Strong TV Exec
- Fox to Launch Female-Centric Network in Spain
- San Sebastian Unveils Latin Horizons Sidebar
- Marvel will reissue all those Dark Horse ?Star Wars' comics that didn't really happen
- Hello Kitty isn't a cat, but is anything really anything anymore, man?
- H. Jon Benjamin makes a crazy Kenny Loggins Kickstarter even crazier
- 'Swearnet': Mike Smith, Robb Wells, John Paul Tremblay Take on Censors (NSFW VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: 'Friends' Reunion, Jennifer Aniston Likes Breast Milk, Awkward Ice Bucket Challenges (VIDEO)
- 'Saw' Will Be Back in Theaters to Terrorize You This Halloween