Sandra Bullock Has a Real Oscar
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 23rd 2010 08:54AM
Just to be sure, PopEater confirmed with the Oscar governing body -- the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Sciences.
"There was definitely no Oscar mix-up," Academy spokesperson Teni Melidonian confirms to us. "Sandra Bullock took home the right Oscar that night. We hand the Oscar to her right on the stage and that's the one she goes home with."
When Bullock famously accepted the 'Worst Actress' award for 'All About Steve' she was handed a Razzie onstage. But it turned out that was the prototype award and the organizers needed it back. Bullock was seemingly the last to find out about this mix-up after the British tabloids pounced on the story.
She won't have the same problem with the Oscar she received for 'The Blind Side.' For the first time ever, this year's winners had their names personally engraved on a nameplate which was attached directly after winning.
"[Bullock] had the nameplate attached at the Governor's Ball," says Melidonian.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Cosby's Florida standup performance greeted with standing ovation
- Three Bill Cosby stand-up performances canceled
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- CW Reality Chief Kristen Connolly Vadas Exits (Exclusive)
- Bill Cosby Finds Protesters and Supporters at Florida Stand-Up Show
- Why Queen Latifah's Reign in Syndication Is Ending
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Family Review: 5 Things Every Parent Should Know
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Snags Brenton Thwaites, Possibly Javier Bardem
- Meryl Streep Slays 'Stay With Me' in 'Into the Woods' (VIDEO)