Zoe Kravitz Talks Fame, Films and Gabby Sidibe's 'SNL' Odds
By Mike Hess Posted Apr 23rd 2010 04:35PM
Kravitz, who shares the screen with the Oscar-nominated Sidibe in the unreleased 'Yelling to the Sky,' says that her pal is "so funny" despite her serious role in 'Precious.' She goes on to describe Sidibe as "'bubbly, hilarious, quick as a whip. It's so funny, because with 'Precious,' she's nothing like that. She's the most bubbly person you'll ever meet. She's going to be great."
As for being the daughter of Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet and not falling into the common traps that many children of famous celebrities find themselves in, Zoe says it's just not in her blood.
"I wasn't raised that way," Kravitz tells PopEater. "My parents, they're in the spotlight or whatever, but they're really normal. I just got lucky. They're two people who happened to get famous because they're artists. They're artists before they're celebrities, and they raised me that way. Fame had nothing to do with it. It was all about connecting and honing your craft. I just wasn't raised that way. It doesn't mean anything to me."
So, with a handful of movies under her belt already and many more lined up for 2010 and 2011, Zoe's career seems to be well on course. But if there's one person she looks up to in Hollywood, who would it be?
"Helena Bonham Carter. I think she's so great. She is the best combination of sexy, creative and totally bats**t crazy. She's a character actress, which I love, but she makes that sexy. I want to be her when I grow up."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Rihanna looks to be back on form as she takes out some aggression during her concert in Marseille, France.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebs donate $500,000 scholarships to students on UNCF show
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- Obama's Anger Translator Joins Him to Slam Opponents at White House Correspondents' Dinner (Video)
- Tribeca: Brad Bird Shows 'Tomorrowland' Clip, Defends Tom Cruise As Janeane Garofalo Jokes About Scientology
- 'Outlander' Writer on Introducing Jamie's Sister and "Intense" Black Jack Scene
- The Top 10 Cheesiest Movie Quotes of All Time
- 8 Bizarre Batman Facts You (Probably) Don't Know
- 9 Things We Want to See on 'Fuller House'