'Kick-Ass' Star, 19, Engaged to Artist, 43
Taylor-Wood, 43, is a whopping 24 years older than the young actor and already has two kids from a previous marriage. Johnson says he's "excited" about fatherhood and isn't even a wee bit nervous.
"It's not scary," he said. "I'm already a step-dad to [Taylor-Wood's kids, Angelica, 13, and Jessie, 3] anyway. So the nerves have sort of gone."
As for the disparity in their ages, Johnson doesn't see anything scandalous about the eyebrow-raising pairing: "I'm an old soul and she's a young soul."
They met last year on the set of 'Nowhere Boy,' Taylor-Wood's directorial debut, in which Johnson played a young John Lennon. A few months later, they were engaged and living together. They have not announced a wedding date.
"Many were skeptical the relationship would last because of the age gap and the fact Miss Taylor-Wood only split from her husband Jay Jopling, 46, with whom she has two children, in 2008," the UK's Daily Mail reported. The paper calls her "one of Britain's leading conceptual artists."
Taylor-Wood, who has recovered from cancer twice, said: "I've always lived my life as fearlessly as possible. I don't really listen to other people's opinions; just follow my heart and my instincts." She also told the Daily Mail she and Johnson have "quite a psychic link."
"I've got a wonderful woman," Johnson told PEOPLE. "She's lovely and she's a fantastic mother."
In addition to 'Kick-Ass,' Johnson has starred in numerous TV projects in his native Britain.
Age Difference: 26 years
Dave Hogan, Getty Images
Vince Bucci, Getty Images
Charley Gallay, Getty Images
Frank Micelotta / Getty Images
Jim Spellman, WireImage.com
Will Ragozzino, Getty Images
Vince Bucci, Getty Images
Getty Images (2)
Matt Sayles, AP
MTV / Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
- Inside Tarantino's 'Hateful Eight' Reading: Director Reveals He's Writing Second Draft, With New Ending
- Bryan Singer's Attorney: Accuser's Witnesses are 'Liars' (Exclusive)
- Tribeca: Scorsese's Longtime Editor Thelma Schoonmaker Dissects 'Raging Bull'
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism
- This Week on Stage: James Franco dishes, Audra McDonald dazzles (again)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- 'The Normal Heart' Trailer: Mark Ruffalo Speaks Out (VIDEO)
- Watch the Chilling Opening Scene to Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes' (VIDEO)
- Steven Spielberg's Next Movie May Be Religious Drama 'The Kidnapping of Eduardo Mortara'