Jesse James Mistress Number Two Writes Letter to Sandra Bullock
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 26th 2010 06:45AM
Melissa Smith, the second woman to come forward as one of Jesse James' mistresses, has apologized to Sandra Bullock.
Smith faxed a letter to the Oscar-winning actress, taking responsibility for the affair, TMZ reports.
In the letter, Smith wrote: "I felt I needed to reach out to you and tell you how deeply sorry I am for everything that you've been through."
"And I know nothing I can say in this letter is going to make the pain of my actions go away," she continued.
"I am sorry for any hurt or pain that I have caused you. My actions of engaging with a married man are unforgivable. I never meant you any harm," she added.
Smith said she will "never forgive" herself and implored Sandra to contact her. "Please contact me if you wish to discuss on the phone or in person."
According to a report in Star magazine, Melissa, a stripper, claims she and Jesse met through MySpace in 2006, after James contacted her.
It was during their first meeting that they engaged in sexual relations, Melissa said. "We ended up having sex on his couch, and he didn't use a condom."
Their affair continued for two years, and Smith added that he never wore his wedding ring or spoke of his wife.
This letter comes on the heels of an interview with mistress number one, Michelle 'Bombshell' McGee, who offered to sit down and talk with Bullock about her relationship with James.
"I'm not begging for anyone's forgiveness, but if Sandra would like to have a woman-to-woman talk, I would be open to it," McGee told Life & Style.
"I would like to sit down with Sandra and speak one-on-one," she said. "I'd let her ask me questions, and I would be honest and open with her about the affair. If that would help her heal, I would do it."
Sandra Bullock Snapshots
It's hard to catch a Sandra Bullock sighting in the aftermath of her husband's sex scandal. See pics of the beautiful starlet >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cheryl Burke: This is 'probably' my last season on 'Dancing With the Stars'
- 'Jersey Boys' lyricist Bob Crewe dead at 83
- Atlanta rapper Gucci Mane sentenced in assault for hitting fan with vodka bottle at nightclub
- Jason Schwartzman and Elisabeth Moss Play the Field in 'Listen Up Philip' Trailer
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Join Daniel Radcliffe in 'Brooklyn Bridge'
- Barbra Streisand on 'Tonight Show': She Sings a Beloved Classic, Jokes About Her Butt
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 19 Premiere, 'American Ninja Warrior,' and More Picks
- Norman Reedus to Publish Book of 'Walking Dead' Fans' Daryl Dixon Art (PHOTOS)
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Winners: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)