Readers to Jillian Michaels: We Don't Want to Ruin Our Bodies With Pregnancy, Either
We turned to our Pop Chorus -- to women who know where Michaels is comin' from, specifically -- to hear from three other ladies concerned that bodily changes might make pregnancy just not worth it.
Wendy Gould from Indianapolis, Indiana, says:
"I'm a married 24-year-old woman with no plans to have children. Part of that decision stems from personal choice, but one of the main reasons is, I don't want to go through those physical changes. I like my body the way it is, and I've heard a plethora of horror stories associated with pregnancy and giving birth -- increased breast size, getting heavier, stretch marks ... even the possibility of increased feet size!
Family and friends chastise me, saying it's a selfish move I'll regret later, but I beg to differ. There are many children in the world waiting to be adopted. Yes, I have that natural motherly instinct and ticking maternal clock tempting me, as well as a curiosity to see what my child would look like. Regardless, I will likely never have children."
Jaimee Jackson from La Junta, Colorado, says:
"Weight is always on the minds of women, especially women considering pregnancy. I'm 28 years old, and have been with my husband for almost seven years. He is ready to have a baby and is pushing the issue pretty aggressively. Although I would love nothing more than to have a child, I am extremely worried about gaining (and then losing) all the weight.
I have always been a thin person. I love my figure and am very proud of it. However, the older I get, the harder it is to keep the weight off, no matter how hard I try. I fear becoming pregnant would ruin my figure and, in turn, my self esteem. I've been successful so far in coming up with every excuse for why I'm not ready to get pregnant, but I don't know how much longer I can keep it up without my husband finding out the truth..."
Michelle Basile from Hazelwood, Missouri, says:
"I am 43 years old and have two children. I ruined my figure with the birth of my children. I became grossly overweight.
If I had the choice to do it over, I would definitely choose adoption over carrying a child myself. I was very sick during my pregnancies and put my body through a tremendous amount of turmoil. I now have a terrible problem with my weight, which I have let spiral out of control through no fault but my own.
I now face the possibility of not being there for my children due to my obesity. Therefore, I highly recommend that if a woman has the opportunity to make the choice to give a child a much-needed home and family over having biological children of her own, I say go for it! A child is a child. Biological or not -- it makes no difference. Save your figure and possibly your health. Adopt."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Beyonce Shares Stunning Pictures of Blue Ivy, Jay Z in Beautiful Parisian Church
- Courteney Cox Talks First Friends Episode, Was "Bummed" Rachel's Hair Stole Her Thunder
- Zelda Williams Returns to Twitter to Thank Fans for Letters, Retweets Awesome Robin Williams Photo
- Tim McGraw's Alleged Slapping Victim Jesslyn Taylor Opens Up For The First Time About Violent Hit To The Head: ?It Was Hard!’
- Bad Romance? Lady Gaga Claims She Signed First Record Deal With Ex-Boyfriend Rob Fusari Because He Threatened Her, Shocking Court Docs Reveal
- Hypocrite? Shooting Victim & Gun Control Advocate Gabrielle Gifford's Secret Arsenal Exposed In New Tell-All
- Tim McGraw: My wild night with Kid Rock
- R&B star Chris Brown: It's time for me to grow up
- 'The Big Bang Theory' season premiere recap: Sheldon returns
- Unreleased Britney Spears Demos Leak on the Internet: Listen to the Songs That Didn't Make It to Britney Jean
- Kanye West Makes Surprise Appearance at LA Trade Technical College to Inspire Students—Take a Look!
- Gotham Premiere: Meet the Future Villains from the New Fox Drama