New 'SNL' Promo Restores Betty White Fever
By Zach Dionne Posted Apr 27th 2010 11:10AM
And while no other prescription will do, this new promo for the long-awaited, fan-engineered May 8 episode certainly helps.
"Thanks to the Internet, I'm hosting 'Saturday Night Live,'" the 88-year-old 'Golden Girls' and 'Mary Tyler Moore Show' star says in the first promo, joking about herself as a cougar. Check it out:
We've missed that sass and wit in recent weeks, with White's name only popping up in defense of Sandra Bullock or in false death reports.
Also boosting the mercury on the Betty White thermometer, this St. Olaf Glee Club rap tribute to the octogenarian of the moment [Warning, contains a bit of foul language]:
PEOPLE reports the special Mother's Day episode will also reunite six former 'SNL' ladies: Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Molly Shannon, Maya Rudolph, Ana Gasteyer and Rachel Dratch.
"Retirement is not in my vocabulary," White told USA Today in January. Thank goodness.
Betty White Photos
Actress Betty White poses in the press room at the 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at The Shrine Auditorium on January 23, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards - Press Room The Shrine Auditorium Los Angeles, CA United States January 23, 2010 Photo by Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage.com To license this image (17135508), contact WireImage.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Looks Slim Less Than Two Months After Giving Birth to Baby Wyatt While Thanksgiving Shopping -- See the Pics!
- Tori Spelling Confirms Dean McDermott's True Tori Departure, Talks Show's Future
- Katy Perry Ditches Her Undies in See-Through Floral Skirt at the 2014 ARIA Awards: See the Racy Red Carpet Look!
- Jane Doe in 2005 Bill Cosby civil rape suit comes forward
- Despite band mate shake-ups, AC/DC perseveres with new album, 'Rock or Bust'
- Melissa McCarthy to launch clothing line for all sizes
- We're Freaking Out Over Shawn and Cory's Christmas Reunion on Girl Meets World!
- Joni Mitchell Thinks Taylor Swift Has "High Cheekbones" and Not Much Else to Offer as an Actress
- Sorry, Kim: Khloé Kardashian's Butt Might #BreakTheInternet in These See-Through Workout Pants!