New 'SNL' Promo Restores Betty White Fever
By Zach Dionne Posted Apr 27th 2010 11:10AM
And while no other prescription will do, this new promo for the long-awaited, fan-engineered May 8 episode certainly helps.
"Thanks to the Internet, I'm hosting 'Saturday Night Live,'" the 88-year-old 'Golden Girls' and 'Mary Tyler Moore Show' star says in the first promo, joking about herself as a cougar. Check it out:
We've missed that sass and wit in recent weeks, with White's name only popping up in defense of Sandra Bullock or in false death reports.
Also boosting the mercury on the Betty White thermometer, this St. Olaf Glee Club rap tribute to the octogenarian of the moment [Warning, contains a bit of foul language]:
PEOPLE reports the special Mother's Day episode will also reunite six former 'SNL' ladies: Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Molly Shannon, Maya Rudolph, Ana Gasteyer and Rachel Dratch.
"Retirement is not in my vocabulary," White told USA Today in January. Thank goodness.
Betty White Photos
Actress Betty White poses in the press room at the 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at The Shrine Auditorium on January 23, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards - Press Room The Shrine Auditorium Los Angeles, CA United States January 23, 2010 Photo by Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage.com To license this image (17135508), contact WireImage.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert Ri'chard Compares Magic Mike and Chocolate City
- Jason Derulo: Jordin Sparks Split Is "So Behind Me"
- Sarah Stage Poses in Bikini Photo Shoot Five Weeks After Giving Birth, Looks Perfectly Fit: Photos
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Josh Duggar Police Report: Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Studios Was Tipped Off About Molestation Accusations, Family Interview Never Happened
- Matt Lauer Does 227-Mile Bike Ride for Red Nose Day and Lives to Tell the Tale
- Matthew Goode Is Leaving The Good Wife, Crushing Our Dreams in the Process