New 'SNL' Promo Restores Betty White Fever
By Zach Dionne Posted Apr 27th 2010 11:10AM
And while no other prescription will do, this new promo for the long-awaited, fan-engineered May 8 episode certainly helps.
"Thanks to the Internet, I'm hosting 'Saturday Night Live,'" the 88-year-old 'Golden Girls' and 'Mary Tyler Moore Show' star says in the first promo, joking about herself as a cougar. Check it out:
We've missed that sass and wit in recent weeks, with White's name only popping up in defense of Sandra Bullock or in false death reports.
Also boosting the mercury on the Betty White thermometer, this St. Olaf Glee Club rap tribute to the octogenarian of the moment [Warning, contains a bit of foul language]:
PEOPLE reports the special Mother's Day episode will also reunite six former 'SNL' ladies: Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Molly Shannon, Maya Rudolph, Ana Gasteyer and Rachel Dratch.
"Retirement is not in my vocabulary," White told USA Today in January. Thank goodness.
Betty White Photos
Actress Betty White poses in the press room at the 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at The Shrine Auditorium on January 23, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards - Press Room The Shrine Auditorium Los Angeles, CA United States January 23, 2010 Photo by Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage.com To license this image (17135508), contact WireImage.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- John Stamos "Heartbroken" That Mary-Kate, Ashley Olsen Won't Join Fuller House: Read His Reaction
- Jonathan Cheban Clashes With Khloe Kardashian on Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Montana Vacation -- Watch!
- Robert Ri'chard Compares Magic Mike and Chocolate City
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away
- Pete Davidson Live-Tweets His Harry Potter Movie Marathon: The Boy Who Lived Is ''Dope as F--k''