Billy Corgan Chews, Spits Out Courtney Love Apology
By Dino Sossi Posted Apr 27th 2010 03:39PM
"It would be a real big problem," Corgan, former frontman of Smashing Pumpkins, told Rolling Stone magazine last month of Love's intention to use material they worked on together. "I haven't given my permission. I have no interest in supporting her in any way, shape or form. You can't throw enough things down the abyss with a person like that."
Corgan was incensed that songs he had worked on with Love were set to appear on Hole's new album, 'Nobody's Daughter.' 'Daughter' is Hole's first album since 1998.
Love soon responded on her Facebook page to apologize -- "I love you, I love your strong and eternal heart, even love the f****d up gnarly amazing magnificent bigger-than-god louder-than-love karma of the songs you write and allow me to fly with," she wrote.
"We have again created beauty from the agony between us, all the buried and unburied anguish, all that is true, that is gold, that is meant to be is within this endless and somehow eternal cycle of Billy & Courtney. I hope you will take my sincerest apologies for all the thousand ways I sometimes offend you, because I know you are a king, a prince and my beautiful noble boy," she continued.
On Monday, Corgan took to his Twitter to attack Love. "Only u could abandon such a beautiful, incredible child who is smarter than u, cooler than u, and better than u. Oops, did I say too much?" he wrote.
He then added, "Maybe you should go someone nice+live off your husband's money, u know the money he made for writing all those great songs." Corgan was referring to Love's former husband, Kurt Cobain, lead singer of Nirvana, who committed suicide in 1994.
Love tweeted back much more cordially than anyone could have expected -- given her legendary volatility. "@billy all i am is nice about you so if you wanna be mean be mean i don't feel anything."
We're calling round one in Billy's favor. But the Ms. Congeniality Award goes to Courtney -- something we never thought we'd ever say.
Courtney Love Snapshots
NEW YORK - APRIL 26: Cortney Love of Hole tapes an upcoming episode of "On The Record with fuse" hosted by Toure' at the fuse Studios on April 26, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images)
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rapper facing life in prison for 'promoting gang violence' on album cover
- Britain still grappling with barrage of celebrity sex abuse
- Lou Ferrigno's wife Carla Ferrigno accuses Bill Cosby of assault; more come forward
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Bill Cosby Performs at Women's Fundraiser as More Alleged Victims Step Forward
- Booty Battle: Jennifer Aniston Was the Original Kim K?!
- Kourtney Kardashian Plans to ?Shut Everyone Out' After Her Third Child Is Born
- Kim Kardashian Rocks a Retro Bikini While Hanging With Michelle Rodriguez on a Yacht in Dubai ? Yep, That's Right
- New "Normal-Sized" Doll Named Lammily Comes With Cellulite Stickers -- and Kids Like Her More Than Barbie: Watch!
- Fifty Shades of Grey New Trailer: Christian Grey Asks "Do You Trust Me?"