Billy Corgan Chews, Spits Out Courtney Love Apology
By Dino Sossi Posted Apr 27th 2010 03:39PM
"It would be a real big problem," Corgan, former frontman of Smashing Pumpkins, told Rolling Stone magazine last month of Love's intention to use material they worked on together. "I haven't given my permission. I have no interest in supporting her in any way, shape or form. You can't throw enough things down the abyss with a person like that."
Corgan was incensed that songs he had worked on with Love were set to appear on Hole's new album, 'Nobody's Daughter.' 'Daughter' is Hole's first album since 1998.
Love soon responded on her Facebook page to apologize -- "I love you, I love your strong and eternal heart, even love the f****d up gnarly amazing magnificent bigger-than-god louder-than-love karma of the songs you write and allow me to fly with," she wrote.
"We have again created beauty from the agony between us, all the buried and unburied anguish, all that is true, that is gold, that is meant to be is within this endless and somehow eternal cycle of Billy & Courtney. I hope you will take my sincerest apologies for all the thousand ways I sometimes offend you, because I know you are a king, a prince and my beautiful noble boy," she continued.
On Monday, Corgan took to his Twitter to attack Love. "Only u could abandon such a beautiful, incredible child who is smarter than u, cooler than u, and better than u. Oops, did I say too much?" he wrote.
He then added, "Maybe you should go someone nice+live off your husband's money, u know the money he made for writing all those great songs." Corgan was referring to Love's former husband, Kurt Cobain, lead singer of Nirvana, who committed suicide in 1994.
Love tweeted back much more cordially than anyone could have expected -- given her legendary volatility. "@billy all i am is nice about you so if you wanna be mean be mean i don't feel anything."
We're calling round one in Billy's favor. But the Ms. Congeniality Award goes to Courtney -- something we never thought we'd ever say.
Courtney Love Snapshots
NEW YORK - APRIL 26: Cortney Love of Hole tapes an upcoming episode of "On The Record with fuse" hosted by Toure' at the fuse Studios on April 26, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images)
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Records: Jane Fonda's charity foundation hasn't made donation in 5 years
- Maxim names annual Hometown Hottie: And the winner is...
- What do Adam Levine and Wilmer Valderrama have in common? ObamaCare
- ?Scandal' behind the scenes: Three men and an Emmy ? VIDEO
- Hate Joffrey? Here's your chance to roast the ?Game of Thrones' king
- Throwback Thursday: What's your favorite mid-season finale of all time? ? VIDEO
- Extra Scoop: Susan Sarandon Admits to Attending 'Almost All' Award Shows Stoned
- Gossip Girl: Kim K Shocks Everyone by Wearing the Same Thing Twice
- Mariah Carey on Creating Christmas Traditions for Her Twins
- Jeff Perry: Scandal Actor Joins Us For Live Twitter Q&A! Read His Spoilers and Surprising Behind-the-Scenes Details!
- Emmy Rossum Spoofs Gisele Bundchen, Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris Share Their Christmas Card: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Jenelle Evans Is "Exhausted" From Second Pregnancy, Has Severe Morning Sickness