Song Premiere: Shakira 'Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)'
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 27th 2010 10:10AM
"The FIFA World Cup is a miracle of global excitement, connecting every country, race, religion and condition around a single passion. It represents an event that has the power to unite and integrate, and that's what this song is about," Shakira said in a statement.
All proceeds from the song will benefit FIFA's Official Campaign of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ '20 Centers for 2010,' whose aim is to achieve positive social change through soccer by building twenty Football for Hope centers for public health, education and football across Africa.
Shakira performs a song during the kick-off celebration concert for the 2010 FIFA World Cup at the Orlando Stadium on June 10, 2010 in Soweto, South Africa.
Getty Images Europe
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 25th anniversary of 'Good Fellas' closes Tribeca Film Festival
- Kim's ex, Kris Humphries says sorry for Bruce Jenner tweet
- Kim Richards Heads to Rehab
- Sophia Bush Mourns Loss of Her Ex, Dan Fredinburg, in Nepal Quake
- Flirty Rompers and Lots of Fringe! Steal Alessandra Ambrosio's Spring Style
- Jessa Duggar Shares Photos of Jill Duggar's "Sweet Family" With Baby Israel, Hubby Derick Dillard
- Bruce Jenner's Mom, Esther: His Diane Sawyer Interview Was "Educational, I Hope to Get More Education"
- White House Correspondents' Dinner 2015: Cecily Strong and President Obama's 10 Best Jokes