Song Premiere: Shakira 'Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)'
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 27th 2010 10:10AM
"The FIFA World Cup is a miracle of global excitement, connecting every country, race, religion and condition around a single passion. It represents an event that has the power to unite and integrate, and that's what this song is about," Shakira said in a statement.
All proceeds from the song will benefit FIFA's Official Campaign of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ '20 Centers for 2010,' whose aim is to achieve positive social change through soccer by building twenty Football for Hope centers for public health, education and football across Africa.
Shakira performs a song during the kick-off celebration concert for the 2010 FIFA World Cup at the Orlando Stadium on June 10, 2010 in Soweto, South Africa.
Getty Images Europe
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebrities offer support for Whitney Houston's daughter
- Steve Kroft's sexually explicit texts to mistress
- 'American Sniper' sets new Super Bowl weekend record
- ?SNL' Recap: J.K. Simmons Takes a ?Snow Day' and More Great Skits!
- New Details on Bobbi Kristina's Condition After Being Found Unresponsive in a Bathtub
- Val Kilmer Responds to Health Scare, Denies Tumor Operation
- Idina Menzel Sings the National Anthem Flawlessly at Super Bowl XLIX: Watch Now!
- Power Rangers Samurai Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Arrested For Stabbing Roommate to Death With Sword: Report
- Bobby Brown Releases Statement on Bobbi Kristina's Condition: "Please Allow My Family to Give My Daughter the Love and Support She Needs"