Song Premiere: Shakira 'Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)'
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 27th 2010 10:10AM
"The FIFA World Cup is a miracle of global excitement, connecting every country, race, religion and condition around a single passion. It represents an event that has the power to unite and integrate, and that's what this song is about," Shakira said in a statement.
All proceeds from the song will benefit FIFA's Official Campaign of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ '20 Centers for 2010,' whose aim is to achieve positive social change through soccer by building twenty Football for Hope centers for public health, education and football across Africa.
Shakira performs a song during the kick-off celebration concert for the 2010 FIFA World Cup at the Orlando Stadium on June 10, 2010 in Soweto, South Africa.
Getty Images Europe
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Big Bang Theory' stars and execs fund scholarship for UCLA students
- Giuliana Rancic shows off bikini body after being criticized for thin frame
- Natalie Imbruglia did 'crazy stuff' after her divorce
- Extra Scoop: Tracy Morgan Steps Out for the First Time Since Deadly Car Crash
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Stars Break Down What's in Store for Season 3!
- Bombshell Accusations Revealed in Court Docs! Bobby Flay's Wife Says He Cheated with January Jones
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Mom Blythe Danner Could Be Her Twin in Old Columbo Picture: "This is Weird"
- Prince William: "I'll Have To Ask The Missus" if Prince George, Princess Charlotte Can Watch Soccer
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Selma Blair Reunite for Cruel Intentions: Reenact Kiss