Song Premiere: Shakira 'Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)'
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 27th 2010 10:10AM
"The FIFA World Cup is a miracle of global excitement, connecting every country, race, religion and condition around a single passion. It represents an event that has the power to unite and integrate, and that's what this song is about," Shakira said in a statement.
All proceeds from the song will benefit FIFA's Official Campaign of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ '20 Centers for 2010,' whose aim is to achieve positive social change through soccer by building twenty Football for Hope centers for public health, education and football across Africa.
Shakira performs a song during the kick-off celebration concert for the 2010 FIFA World Cup at the Orlando Stadium on June 10, 2010 in Soweto, South Africa.
Getty Images Europe
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Raven-Symone's confusion: 'I'm from every continent in Africa'
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning documentary about his father
- World receives its first glimpse of 'Spectre,' new James Bond movie
- Back On! Kris Jenner and BF Corey Gamble Spotted Lunching in L.A.
- Trend Alert! Fashionista Olivia Palermo Is Bringing Back Flare Jeans
- Bobby Spotted Outside Bobbi Kristina's Rehab, As Her Famous Godfather Speaks Out
- Calvin Harris Said He'd Skip Taylor Swift on Tinder Days Before Nashville Outing: "She's the Opposite of My Type"
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts Flashback Photo of First Night She Met Scott Disick
- Germanwings Co-Pilot's Ex-Girlfriend Says Andreas Lubitz Predicted That "Everyone Would Remember His Name", Was "Planning a Heinous Act"