Song Premiere: Shakira 'Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)'
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 27th 2010 10:10AM
"The FIFA World Cup is a miracle of global excitement, connecting every country, race, religion and condition around a single passion. It represents an event that has the power to unite and integrate, and that's what this song is about," Shakira said in a statement.
All proceeds from the song will benefit FIFA's Official Campaign of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ '20 Centers for 2010,' whose aim is to achieve positive social change through soccer by building twenty Football for Hope centers for public health, education and football across Africa.
Shakira performs a song during the kick-off celebration concert for the 2010 FIFA World Cup at the Orlando Stadium on June 10, 2010 in Soweto, South Africa.
Getty Images Europe
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Family feud in evidence at Bobbi Kristina funeral
- Wrestling legend Roddy Piper dead at 61
- Actress Valerie Harper out of hospital, resting with family
- Bobbi Kristina's Funeral Ends with a Whitney Houston Song
- Melt-Down: Bobbi Kristina's Aunt Leolah Booted from Funeral, Spews Accusations
- Valerie Harper's Upbeat Message to Fans
- Cecil the Lion's Older Brother Jericho Illegally Killed After Walter J. Palmer Outrage
- Leolah Brown Interrupts Bobbi Kristina Brown's Funeral, Calls Out Pat Houston: "Whitney Is Rolling Over in Her Grave!"
- Valerie Harper Is Not in a Coma, Gives Update on Health After Hospitalization