Song Premiere: Shakira 'Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)'
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 27th 2010 10:10AM
"The FIFA World Cup is a miracle of global excitement, connecting every country, race, religion and condition around a single passion. It represents an event that has the power to unite and integrate, and that's what this song is about," Shakira said in a statement.
All proceeds from the song will benefit FIFA's Official Campaign of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ '20 Centers for 2010,' whose aim is to achieve positive social change through soccer by building twenty Football for Hope centers for public health, education and football across Africa.
Shakira performs a song during the kick-off celebration concert for the 2010 FIFA World Cup at the Orlando Stadium on June 10, 2010 in Soweto, South Africa.
Getty Images Europe
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebs donate $500,000 scholarships to students on UNCF show
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- Flirty Rompers and Lots of Fringe! Steal Alessandra Ambrosio's Spring Style
- Kim Kardashian Gets Serious: Speaking Out on Sick Kids and Armenian Genocide
- Glam Room Dish: Bruce Will Dress More 'Conservative' Than His Daughters
- Kris Humphries Faces Twitter Backlash During Bruce Jenner Interview, Apologizes: Find Out What He Said
- Bruce Jenner Building "Glam Room" Amid Gender Transition: "We're Totally Going to Rock This Place!"
- Kourtney Kardashian Doesn't Want Scott Disick "Drunk in the Delivery Room": Watch the KUWTK Clip!