Song Premiere: Shakira 'Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)'
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 27th 2010 10:10AM
"The FIFA World Cup is a miracle of global excitement, connecting every country, race, religion and condition around a single passion. It represents an event that has the power to unite and integrate, and that's what this song is about," Shakira said in a statement.
All proceeds from the song will benefit FIFA's Official Campaign of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ '20 Centers for 2010,' whose aim is to achieve positive social change through soccer by building twenty Football for Hope centers for public health, education and football across Africa.
Shakira performs a song during the kick-off celebration concert for the 2010 FIFA World Cup at the Orlando Stadium on June 10, 2010 in Soweto, South Africa.
Getty Images Europe
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Duran Duran files lawsuit accusing fan club of breach of contract
- Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas bond while filming 'And So It Goes'
- CBS says new 'Late Show' host Stephen Colbert to keep show in NYC
- Is Casey Anthony Working As a Live-In Maid?
- Official Cause of Peaches Geldof Death Revealed
- Check Out 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay's' Limited Edition Comic-Con Poster!