Song Premiere: Shakira 'Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)'
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 27th 2010 10:10AM
"The FIFA World Cup is a miracle of global excitement, connecting every country, race, religion and condition around a single passion. It represents an event that has the power to unite and integrate, and that's what this song is about," Shakira said in a statement.
All proceeds from the song will benefit FIFA's Official Campaign of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ '20 Centers for 2010,' whose aim is to achieve positive social change through soccer by building twenty Football for Hope centers for public health, education and football across Africa.
Shakira performs a song during the kick-off celebration concert for the 2010 FIFA World Cup at the Orlando Stadium on June 10, 2010 in Soweto, South Africa.
Getty Images Europe
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Celebrity trout pouts
- 'The Roosevelts' earn PBS biggest audience in 20 years
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- Extra Scoop: Chrissy Teigen Quits Twitter over Canadian Terror Attack Tweet
- New Couple Alert Averted? Orlando Bloom Denies He's Dating Selena Gomez
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Active Styles from New Balance!
- Brad Pitt Does Hilarious Between Two Ferns Interview With Zach Galifianakis; Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Future In Jeopardy Amid Sex Offender Report: Top 5 Stories
- Taylor Swift Says She "Wouldn't Survive in Jail," Is Terrified of Sea Urchins -- Watch
- Ace of Cakes Star Duff Goldman: I Love Riding Motorcycles Even After Losing Toes in Crash