Song Premiere: Shakira 'Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)'
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 27th 2010 10:10AM
"The FIFA World Cup is a miracle of global excitement, connecting every country, race, religion and condition around a single passion. It represents an event that has the power to unite and integrate, and that's what this song is about," Shakira said in a statement.
All proceeds from the song will benefit FIFA's Official Campaign of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ '20 Centers for 2010,' whose aim is to achieve positive social change through soccer by building twenty Football for Hope centers for public health, education and football across Africa.
Shakira performs a song during the kick-off celebration concert for the 2010 FIFA World Cup at the Orlando Stadium on June 10, 2010 in Soweto, South Africa.
Getty Images Europe
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Elizabeth Vargas and husband split, report says
- Billy Crystal to present Emmy Awards tribute to Robin Williams
- 'Teen Barbie' Lolita Richi says appearance is all natural
- Watch Norm Lewis as Broadway's first African-American ?Phantom'
- Emma Stone to make Broadway debut in ?Cabaret'
- ?Pretty Little Liars' actors star in a short film about cults
- Elizabeth Vargas and Husband Headed for Divorce
- Jackie Chan Responds to Son's Drug Arrest
- Celebrity Ice-Bucket Challenges: See the Most Clever One So Far!