Song Premiere: Shakira 'Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)'
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 27th 2010 10:10AM
"The FIFA World Cup is a miracle of global excitement, connecting every country, race, religion and condition around a single passion. It represents an event that has the power to unite and integrate, and that's what this song is about," Shakira said in a statement.
All proceeds from the song will benefit FIFA's Official Campaign of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ '20 Centers for 2010,' whose aim is to achieve positive social change through soccer by building twenty Football for Hope centers for public health, education and football across Africa.
Shakira performs a song during the kick-off celebration concert for the 2010 FIFA World Cup at the Orlando Stadium on June 10, 2010 in Soweto, South Africa.
Getty Images Europe
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alabama to release first new country album in 14 years
- Judge: Sale of convent to Katy Perry likely invalid
- Relativity Media files for bankruptcy protection
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Expensive Bling from James Packer at Surprise Appearance
- iHeartRadio Festival Lineup Announced: Kanye West, Fall Out Boy, Coldplay and More!
- Mia Farrow Slammed for Sharing Cecil the Lion Killer's Address