Sandra Bullock: I Secretly Adopted a Son, Filed for Divorce
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 28th 2010 07:03AM
The Oscar-winning actress reveals to PEOPLE that in January she adopted a boy from New Orleans.
Her newborn son, Louis Bardo Bullock, is three months old. She and James began the adoption process four years ago, before becoming parents earlier this year. His name was chosen because Bullock heard Louis Armstrong's 'What a Wonderful World' when she first met the baby boy.
The couple decided to keep the news to themselves until after the Oscars. "I did not want him brought into a world that would not have been too sincere to him as I wanted. I wanted to be alone with him as long as I could then we had to tell his story," she said, MSNBC reports.
Unfortunately, just days after Bullock took home her trophy, James' many affairs came to light. The actress says she is now adopting as a single parent and is divorcing her husband, according to PEOPLE.
"Yes, I have filed for divorce," she told the magazine, adding that she is "sad and scared" about it.
This is only the second time Bullock has spoken out in the aftermath of her husband's sex scandal, which broke in mid-March. The first was in a statement to deny that a sex tape of the two of them existed. ("There is no sex tape. There never has been one and there never will be one.")
Bullock was on top of the world when she won her first Oscar for her role in 'The Blind Side.' But just eight days after her victory, everything shattered when Michelle "Bombshell" McGee revealed she had been having an affair with Jesse James.
The 'Monster Garage' host apologized to his wife and children after Bombshell's claims surfaced.
"There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me. It's because of my poor judgment that I deserve everything bad that is coming my way," he said in a statement at the time. "This has caused my wife and kids pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension and I am extremely saddened to have brought this on them. I am truly very sorry for the grief I have caused them. I hope one day they can find it in their hearts to forgive me."
Eventually, several more women stepped forward, including stripper Melissa Smith, who recently wrote a letter to Bullock, apologizing to the 'Miss Congeniality' star, Brigitte Daguerre, Merilee Gerth and an anonymous woman who refused to tell her story. Rumors suggested that at least seven women were involved with Jesse during his marriage.
McGee herself has offered to sit down with the actress to discuss her relationship with James.
Bullock quickly moved out of the home the two shared together, and has stayed mostly quiet, while James entered rehab for sexual addiction.
Last week, photographers snapped Sandra hiking without her wedding ring, and earlier this week, James was caught without his wedding band on his finger.
Sandra Bullock Snapshots
It's hard to catch a Sandra Bullock sighting in the aftermath of her husband's sex scandal. See pics of the beautiful starlet >>
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Baby -
- Famous Couples -
- Movie News -
- Splitsville -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Sandra Bullock
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Report: Beyonce pregnant with second child
- Taylor Swift fan arrested for trying to 'visit' her home: How can celebs protect themselves from obsessive fans?
- Emma Watson shows off new look: Who's the hottest former child star?
- Cannes: Arab Film Power Players Partner on Road Movie 'A to B'
- 'American Idol' Winner Candice Glover: 'I'm the Poster Child for Perseverance' (Video)
- Cannes: Former EMI Boss Launches Entertainment Finance, Production Venture
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted!
- Peter Parker with a bong? Joe Casey springs ?The Bounce' ? FIRST LOOK
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2
- 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title