Sandra's Baby vs. Angie's Twins: Who Sold More?
By Rob Shuter Posted May 4th 2010 02:03AM
Did Sandra Trump Angie in PEOPLE Race?
It's no surprise that PEOPLE magazine's shocking Sandra Bullock baby cover was a huge seller, but it hasn't yet replaced the biggest-selling baby exclusive ever. That would be PEOPLE's 2008 exclusive photos of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's newborn twins, Knox Leon and Vivienne.
"Sandra's cover has been on newsstands for a week and it has already sold over 2.7 million copies," a magazine insider told me, citing early sales estimates for the issue. "That's only 100,000 less than the 2.8 million copies the magazine sold when Angelina's twins graced the cover -- and a half-million more copies than the June 2006 issue with exclusive baby pictures of Brad and Angelina's first daughter, Shiloh, which moved 2.2 million newsstand copies."
So although it looks as if Sandra's baby will ultimately outsell Angie's twins, she still has a long way to go be beat the top two seller's in the magazine's 35-year history: the Sept. 11 issue (4.1 million copies) and the issue covering Princess Diana's death (3 million).
Kim Kardashian Thinks the White House Is Small
The day after the White House Correspondents Dinner, Kim Kardashian and teen pop sensation Justin Bieber got a private tour of the White House. Yes, they still had to go through metal detectors and security check points like every other person who does the tour. However, one perk of being famous is that they got to see rooms that those on the regular tour don't get to see.
"The West Wing is not part of the regular tour, but they do let celebrities see it," an insider tells me. "Kim was amazed at how much everything looked like the TV show 'The West Wing,'" laughed one friend. "But she was surprised at how small it was, saying her house was bigger." Oh, Kim, what I would pay for a VIP tour of your mind.
Fun fact: The White House is the smallest residence of any leader's abode in the Western World. Who knew?!
'Housewives of New Jersey' Represent Themselves, Not the Garden State
While taping a segment for my favorite news magazine show, 'The Insider,' I bumped into three of the 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' (doesn't 'The Insider' always have the best guests?), who said they represent themselves -- and not the entire state of New Jersey. Pay attention, The Situation!
I must admit, unlike some of the other housewives I know, Teresa, Caroline and Jacqueline are the real deal, not pretending to be someone else when the cameras roll. Although Teresa did admit that was the first time she had ever flipped a table.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
"Jersey Shore" cast members grabs drinks before strolling about town to film an episode for the upcoming season in Miami Beach.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Baby -
- Famous Couples -
- Movie News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Angelina Jolie -
- Sandra Bullock
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- 'Fraggle Rock' Actor Gerard Parkes Dead at 90
- 'Key & Peele' Stars Set Up First Movie Together For New Line Cinema
- Eight Films Make Cut for Best Short Documentary Oscar
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of ?Walking Dead'?
- The lyrics of ?It's the Hard-Knock Life,' according to this ridiculous ?Annie' emoji video
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores