Sandra's Baby vs. Angie's Twins: Who Sold More?
By Rob Shuter Posted May 4th 2010 02:03AM
Did Sandra Trump Angie in PEOPLE Race?
It's no surprise that PEOPLE magazine's shocking Sandra Bullock baby cover was a huge seller, but it hasn't yet replaced the biggest-selling baby exclusive ever. That would be PEOPLE's 2008 exclusive photos of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's newborn twins, Knox Leon and Vivienne.
"Sandra's cover has been on newsstands for a week and it has already sold over 2.7 million copies," a magazine insider told me, citing early sales estimates for the issue. "That's only 100,000 less than the 2.8 million copies the magazine sold when Angelina's twins graced the cover -- and a half-million more copies than the June 2006 issue with exclusive baby pictures of Brad and Angelina's first daughter, Shiloh, which moved 2.2 million newsstand copies."
So although it looks as if Sandra's baby will ultimately outsell Angie's twins, she still has a long way to go be beat the top two seller's in the magazine's 35-year history: the Sept. 11 issue (4.1 million copies) and the issue covering Princess Diana's death (3 million).
Kim Kardashian Thinks the White House Is Small
The day after the White House Correspondents Dinner, Kim Kardashian and teen pop sensation Justin Bieber got a private tour of the White House. Yes, they still had to go through metal detectors and security check points like every other person who does the tour. However, one perk of being famous is that they got to see rooms that those on the regular tour don't get to see.
"The West Wing is not part of the regular tour, but they do let celebrities see it," an insider tells me. "Kim was amazed at how much everything looked like the TV show 'The West Wing,'" laughed one friend. "But she was surprised at how small it was, saying her house was bigger." Oh, Kim, what I would pay for a VIP tour of your mind.
Fun fact: The White House is the smallest residence of any leader's abode in the Western World. Who knew?!
'Housewives of New Jersey' Represent Themselves, Not the Garden State
While taping a segment for my favorite news magazine show, 'The Insider,' I bumped into three of the 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' (doesn't 'The Insider' always have the best guests?), who said they represent themselves -- and not the entire state of New Jersey. Pay attention, The Situation!
I must admit, unlike some of the other housewives I know, Teresa, Caroline and Jacqueline are the real deal, not pretending to be someone else when the cameras roll. Although Teresa did admit that was the first time she had ever flipped a table.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
"Jersey Shore" cast members grabs drinks before strolling about town to film an episode for the upcoming season in Miami Beach.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Baby -
- Famous Couples -
- Movie News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Angelina Jolie -
- Sandra Bullock
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bratty Justin Bieber heading for career ruin?
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Sadie Robertson: Fame is not an excuse to lose your faith
- ?The Bachelor' recap: Juan Pablo makes his choice in awkward, unprecedented finale
- MIPTV: Amy Poehler to Join Comedy Central Speaking Panel
- John Woo to Head Jury at Beijing Film Festival
- Bizarre Love Letter From Ernest Hemingway to Marlene Dietrich Goes to Auction
- President Obama visits ?Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis' ? VIDEO
- ?Believe' react: Life doesn't wait for long
- ?How I Met Your Mother' react: Lily's got a secret and the Mosby Boys return!
- Box Office: 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' Could Lose DreamWorks $84 Million
- 'Batman vs. Superman' Production Begins in Michigan?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 7 Things You Need to Know About the Intergalactic Epic