Bret Michaels Makes Emergency Room Plea
By PopEater Staff Posted May 5th 2010 05:00PM
"And I said in these exact words, 'Am I dying? If I'm dying, I want to see my kids, but if I have a chance, I don't want them to see me in this condition,'" Michaels tells PEOPLE.
Michaels, who spent 10 days in the ICU, admits he's feeling "lucky to be alive."
The rocker suffered a brain hemorrhage on April 21 and was rushed to the hospital. Along with bleeding at the stem of his brain, he had a side effect called hyponatremia, which is a lack of sodium in the body.
Doctors say Michaels is headed for a full recovery. "Mr. Michaels was indeed a lucky person, a very lucky person," Dr. Joseph Zabramski explained at a press conference, PEOPLE reports. Michaels is "still very sick right now," but he has left the hospital.
"He's improving and I expect him to continue to improve. I really expect that he will fortunately make a 100 percent recovery. He's just one of those lucky people -- 10 to 20 percent who make a complete recovery and can resume all of their normal activities," Zabramski added.
Michaels, who gained massive fame thanks to his success as the frontman for Poison and later as the kiss-happy star of VH1's 'Rock of Love,' is currently in the running to win NBC's 'Celebrity Apprentice.' During a recent interview, 'Apprentice' honcho Donald Trump said that he hopes Michaels will be at the show's finale -- even hinting that Bret makes it all the way to the finals. "He is still in the show. He's doing really, really well, and all of sudden ... I can't imagine ... I can't imagine he's going to be on the finale, but he very well might be," Trump said.
Life & Style magazine this week reported a similar situation, with an 'Apprentice' insider telling the magazine that "the final task has been filmed, and Bret's in the episode ... The live finale is May 23, and the producers really want Bret to be available."
Bret Michaels Visits PopEater
Bret Michaels is seen here during his visit to the PopEater offices. Click for More Pics of Bret >>>
Maggie Coughlan, PopEater
Maggie Coughlan, PopEater
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- CBS cuts 'CSI' season short
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- Extra Scoop: Chrissy Teigen Quits Twitter over Canadian Terror Attack Tweet
- New Couple Alert Averted? Orlando Bloom Denies He's Dating Selena Gomez
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Active Styles from New Balance!
- Taylor Swift Stops Traffic on Hollywood Boulevard, Performs Late-Night Gig
- Pippa Middleton Shares Her Diet and Workout Secrets, Reveals How She Got Her Famous Backside in Shape
- Brad Pitt Does Hilarious Between Two Ferns Interview With Zach Galifianakis; Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Future In Jeopardy Amid Sex Offender Report: Top 5 Stories