Bret Michaels Makes Emergency Room Plea
By PopEater Staff Posted May 5th 2010 05:00PM
"And I said in these exact words, 'Am I dying? If I'm dying, I want to see my kids, but if I have a chance, I don't want them to see me in this condition,'" Michaels tells PEOPLE.
Michaels, who spent 10 days in the ICU, admits he's feeling "lucky to be alive."
The rocker suffered a brain hemorrhage on April 21 and was rushed to the hospital. Along with bleeding at the stem of his brain, he had a side effect called hyponatremia, which is a lack of sodium in the body.
Doctors say Michaels is headed for a full recovery. "Mr. Michaels was indeed a lucky person, a very lucky person," Dr. Joseph Zabramski explained at a press conference, PEOPLE reports. Michaels is "still very sick right now," but he has left the hospital.
"He's improving and I expect him to continue to improve. I really expect that he will fortunately make a 100 percent recovery. He's just one of those lucky people -- 10 to 20 percent who make a complete recovery and can resume all of their normal activities," Zabramski added.
Michaels, who gained massive fame thanks to his success as the frontman for Poison and later as the kiss-happy star of VH1's 'Rock of Love,' is currently in the running to win NBC's 'Celebrity Apprentice.' During a recent interview, 'Apprentice' honcho Donald Trump said that he hopes Michaels will be at the show's finale -- even hinting that Bret makes it all the way to the finals. "He is still in the show. He's doing really, really well, and all of sudden ... I can't imagine ... I can't imagine he's going to be on the finale, but he very well might be," Trump said.
Life & Style magazine this week reported a similar situation, with an 'Apprentice' insider telling the magazine that "the final task has been filmed, and Bret's in the episode ... The live finale is May 23, and the producers really want Bret to be available."
Bret Michaels Visits PopEater
Bret Michaels is seen here during his visit to the PopEater offices. Click for More Pics of Bret >>>
Maggie Coughlan, PopEater
Maggie Coughlan, PopEater
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- UMass-Amherst cuts ties with Bill Cosby over sex assault allegations
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Star Wars' trailer wishlist: VII things we hope to see
- PopWatch Confessional: What are you thankful for this year?
- Is Jim Bob Duggar Trying to Set Up Daughter Jana with Celebrity?
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Great Boots by Born!
- Jennifer Lopez, Rosie O'Donnell and Others Share Their Slim-Down Secrets!
- Ryan Knight of The Real World Has Died at 29, Second MTV Tragedy Just Weeks After Diem Brown's Passing
- Mindy Kaling Talks Vince Vaughn, Rihanna, Being Mistaken for Malala
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday Beauty Shopping Deals: Save Money With These Coupon Codes, Sales