Conan O'Brien Says No to Oprah and Letterman
By Rob Shuter Posted May 5th 2010 02:25AM
Oprah Winfrey or Jay Leno's nemesis, David Letterman. And judging from what people are telling me, that's a good move.
Conan Says No to Oprah, Letterman
Over 13 million viewers tuned in to watch Conan O'Brien tell '60 Minutes' that NBC "broke his heart," however, TV insiders tell me that Conan now needs to shut up and focus on his future if he doesn't always want to be known as the guy that hosted 'The Tonight Show' for a few months.
"Conan doing one big sit down interview was a good idea -- only if he never talks about 'The Tonight Show' again," one TV insiders tells me. "Conan came across well, but if he doesn't shut up, it's going to seem as if he's whining. The best thing he could do is focus on his new show. Look forward instead of looking back. After all, it's hard to feel sorry for a guy who got paid over $30 million to NOT work."
Conan seems to be taking this advice to heart. Sources tell me he has been offered many more interviews -- with Larry King, Oprah and even David Letterman -- all of which he has turned down.
Hopefully, the next time we hear from Conan, he will be doing his monologue on TBS! (And no 'Tonight' jokes. You are better than that.)
Halle's Custody Battle
Someone who knows how to keep her mouth shut is Halle Berry. Following her split from model Gabriel Aubry, with whom Halle has a 2-year-old daughter, the actress has remained silent.
However, behind the scenes, I hear the couple, who had been together for four years, are in non-stop negotiations over daughter Nahla.
"Gabriel is determined to be part of his daughter's life. He loves Nahla a great deal, and even though he has split with Halle, he has no intention of letting Nahla go," a friend of the model tells me. "It's still early and they are both behaving like great parents, but if things do turn nasty, Halle can expect a fight."
Let's hope things keep moving forward. Make little Nahla proud.
'SATC' vs. Michael Douglas
Michael Douglas is getting ready to go head-to-head with Sarah Jessica Parker and the ladies of 'Sex and The City 2' on May 24 when they both roll out their red carpets on the same night in New York City.
"Foolishly, the Lincoln Center Film Society has planned a tribute to Michael Douglas on the same night as the 'Sex and The City 2' premiere in New York," laughed one event planner.
"It's a total disaster and Michael's event cannot be moved. I hope Michael is planning on having a very small red carpet, because, let's face it, all the press are going to be with the 'Sex' girls."
Michael, we love you, but this is not a fair fight. I just hope Catherine goes with you instead of going to see the movie!
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
"Jersey Shore" cast members grabs drinks before strolling about town to film an episode for the upcoming season in Miami Beach.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Andi Dorfman, Fiance Josh Murray Mock Her Famous Frown in Cute Family Picture After Bachelorette Finale
- Zac Efron Reunites With Michelle Rodriguez on Luxury Yacht in Ibiza, Spain: Pictures
- Chris Pratt Gushes About "Sexy" Anna Faris, Says Son Jack Loves "Monster Trucks" and "Tried to Skateboard"
- Usher Attend The 15th Anniversary Kick Off Celebration Of Usher’s New Look
- Julia Roberts Doesn't Address Sister's Death In TODAY Chat; Says She ?Wouldn't Survive' As Up-And-Coming Actress In Times Of ?Nasty' Social Media
- Jamie Foxx To Play Mike Tyson; A Look At Best-Ever Biopics
- Deep Thoughts by Monica Lewinsky: Why she stopped watching ?Orange is the New Black'
- Golfer Dustin Johnson leaves tour to seek 'professional help'
- WATCH: Julia Roberts plays 'Face Balls' with Jimmy Fallon
- Former Game of Thrones Star Addresses Her Recasting in the Most Hilarious (and Slightly Sad) Way Ever
- Justin Bieber Moves Past Orlando Bloom Drama, Posts Flirty Selfie With Model Pal Shanina Shaik
- Don't Ever Change, Real Housewives of New Jersey! The Ladies Throw Down at a First-Responders Party—Watch Now