Elisabeth Hasselbeck Slams Erin Andrews, Then Cries
By PopEater Staff Posted May 5th 2010 03:01PM
But when Hasselbeck returned to the 'View' stage on Wednesday, she was singing a new tune. Tearfully, Hasselbeck said she regretted the remarks and opened up to her 5-year-old daughter at home -- who convinced her to call Andrews and apologize.
"I said, 'Well, Grace, today Mommy hurt someone's feelings,'" Hasselbeck said, choking back tears. She explained to her daughter that "reckless words pierce someone's heart like a sword."
"She's so cute, she said to me, 'Mommy, why don't you just call Erin and tell her you're sorry?'" Hasselbeck said. "So, thankfully, I listened to her -- she's a wise little girl -- and I did. So, I'm really sorry, and I wanted to offer that publicly too, even though I did follow that advice."
Michael David Barrett was sentenced to federal prison in March for posting a nude video of Andrews on the Internet after filming her through her hotel door. Barrett, 49, received a two-and-a-half-year term and was ordered to pay $7,366 in restitution to Andrews. He admitted that he stalked Andrews for 18 months, tracking to at least three different hotel rooms in three states in 2008. He removed the peephole from her door in one of the hotel rooms and used his mobile phone to capture video of Andrews while she was naked.
Andrews told PEOPLE that Hasselbeck's remarks were "a slap in the face to victims of stalking and sexual predators." She added: "As a mother and a woman, I'm disappointed she went there."
Even Andrews' dance partner, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, came to her defense, calling Hasselbeck "jealous... and stupid 4 her comments" (via Twitter).
Erin Andrews Snapshots
Erin Andrews, left, and her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy perform on the celebrity dance competition series 'Dancing with the Stars' Monday, May 3, 2010 in Los Angeles.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Susan Sarandon Says She's "Very Excited" About Daughter Eva Amurri's Pregnancy, Reveals What Baby Gift She Already Bought Her
- Christian Bale, Wife Sibi Expecting Second Child
- Shakira's Boyfriend Gerard Pique Doesn't Allow Her to Make Music Videos With Men, "He's Very Territorial"
- Modern Romance For ‘Modern Family’ Star: Eric Stonestreet In Long Distance Romance With Aussie TV Host
- David Hasselhoff reportedly being wooed for 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Henry Winker calls Kim Kardahian 'charming and warm'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes about having sex with O.J. Simpson