Emma Watson Recalls 'Awful' First Week at College
By PopEater Staff Posted May 5th 2010 03:00PM
There isn't a 'Harry Potter' fan who doesn't dream about getting that acceptance letter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Apparently, one witch just dreamed of going to Rhode Island. Emma Watson, best known for her role as know-it-all Hermione Granger in the 'Harry Potter' movies, is currently trying out college life as a student at Brown University. In an interview with Vanity Fair, Watson shares some experiences from life at a normal school.
"It was just awful," she said of the first week of freshman year. "I was like, I must be mad. Why am I doing this?" But that didn't stop Watson from attending a typical college frat party. "I felt like I'd walked into an American teen movie. I picked up the red cups. I was like, Wow, they really do drink from these."
Emma Watson Snapshots
Emma Watson looking amazing at the Metropolitan Museum Of Art's 2010 Costume Institute Ball. May 3, 2010 X17online.com exclusive
On the academic side of life, Watson chose a variety of classes: European women's history, Ovid's Metamorphoses, and acting. While you'd think she would be a whiz in acting class, Watson begs to differ. "I think actually I'm the worst person in the class," she said.
But Watson does have some traits in common with her character Hermione. "If I'm honest, I was her," she said. "I was very keen. I was super-eager to please and be good. And I was always kind of bossy."
After being in the spotlight for most of her life, Watson is happy to be living quietly and normally for once. "I was scared before I came to Brown-that I wasn't going to be allowed to have both [a career and a normal life]. People would think that I didn't deserve to have both. [I was afraid they'd think], You're famous. You're given free handbags. Why should you deserve to be normal?"
Christopher Bailey, creative director for Burberry, also sees two sides to the young actress and newest face of the design house. "She's the only girl I know who gets two completely different reactions from people: 'Aw' and 'Whoa!'?"
MORE ABOUT Emma Watson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Emma Watson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chris Pratt reveals he got in trouble with NBC for going naked on 'Parks and Rec' set
- 'Doctor Who's' Noel Clarke Announces 'The Troop' Comic Series (Video)
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Signs With ICM Partners (Exclusive)
- Netflix's 'BoJack Horseman' Trailer: Will Arnett Stars in Animated Series (Video)
- Watch the best of EW's PHHHOTO Booth at Comic-Con
- Broadway ?Love Letters' casts Carol Burnett, Alan Alda, Anjelica Huston
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Soundtrack Will Be 'Curated' by Lorde
- Watch the First 'SpongeBob SquarePants: Sponge Out of Water' Trailer Spring to Life (VIDEO)
- 'Lucy's' Chinese Characters Read Like A Takeout Menu