Emma Watson Recalls 'Awful' First Week at College
By PopEater Staff Posted May 5th 2010 03:00PM
There isn't a 'Harry Potter' fan who doesn't dream about getting that acceptance letter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Apparently, one witch just dreamed of going to Rhode Island. Emma Watson, best known for her role as know-it-all Hermione Granger in the 'Harry Potter' movies, is currently trying out college life as a student at Brown University. In an interview with Vanity Fair, Watson shares some experiences from life at a normal school.
"It was just awful," she said of the first week of freshman year. "I was like, I must be mad. Why am I doing this?" But that didn't stop Watson from attending a typical college frat party. "I felt like I'd walked into an American teen movie. I picked up the red cups. I was like, Wow, they really do drink from these."
Emma Watson Snapshots
Emma Watson looking amazing at the Metropolitan Museum Of Art's 2010 Costume Institute Ball. May 3, 2010 X17online.com exclusive
On the academic side of life, Watson chose a variety of classes: European women's history, Ovid's Metamorphoses, and acting. While you'd think she would be a whiz in acting class, Watson begs to differ. "I think actually I'm the worst person in the class," she said.
But Watson does have some traits in common with her character Hermione. "If I'm honest, I was her," she said. "I was very keen. I was super-eager to please and be good. And I was always kind of bossy."
After being in the spotlight for most of her life, Watson is happy to be living quietly and normally for once. "I was scared before I came to Brown-that I wasn't going to be allowed to have both [a career and a normal life]. People would think that I didn't deserve to have both. [I was afraid they'd think], You're famous. You're given free handbags. Why should you deserve to be normal?"
Christopher Bailey, creative director for Burberry, also sees two sides to the young actress and newest face of the design house. "She's the only girl I know who gets two completely different reactions from people: 'Aw' and 'Whoa!'?"
MORE ABOUT Emma Watson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Emma Watson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
- Jimmy Fallon Unleashes Epic 'Game of Thrones' Parody (Video)
- Cannes: Hollywood Gives Back at Star-Filled AmfAR Gala (Column)
- Jennifer Hudson in Negotiations to Judge 'American Idol'
- ?Fast & Furious 6?: That ending! THAT ENDING! (SPOILERS)
- ?Arrested Development': Five episodes to watch to get ready for Sunday
- ?Fast & Furious': 10 take-aways after an all-day franchise marathon
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space
- Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report