With Diaper Stunt, 'Family Guy' Just Trying to Get Fined by FCC
By PopEater Staff Posted May 5th 2010 11:27AM
Broadcast decency laws apply to anything depicting content in which excretory functions are used in an offensive manner.
"It seems as though 'Family Guy' creator, Seth MacFarlane, carefully reviewed the legal definition of broadcast indecency and set out to violate it as literally as he could," said PTC President Tim Winter on their website.
We don't take pleasure in describing what occurs between Brian and Stewie in the episode, but in a nutshell, the pair are stuck in a bank vault when Stewie makes a deposit in his diaper. He somehow convinces his canine companion to eat the diaper's contents, then shockingly coaxes him to clean his bottom using ... his ... tongue. (Pause to gag.)
There is also vomit and the eating of said vomit.
"Given the patently offensive depictions of one character eating excrement out of a diaper, then eating vomit, and finally licking the remaining excrement from a baby's bottom -- while the baby expresses physical gratification from having his bottom licked -- we believe that the broadcast decency law has been broken," Winter said.
The FCC has so far not filed an official complaint against FOX, but the PTC is calling on all concerned parents to boycott the show's sponsors.
"We will also hold publicly accountable the corporate sponsors which underwrote this feces-eating broadcast, ironically a number of which were restaurants."
FOX and McFarlane have so far declined to comment on the controversy.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton Cancels Another Appearance Because of Severe Morning Sickness, Sends Apology Note
- Selena Gomez, Michelle Williams, and More Sit Front Row at Louis Vuitton Spring 2015 ? See Their Looks!
- Alyssa Milano Leaving Mistresses After Two Seasons: Find Out Why!
- Brain Injuries Could Sideline Tracy Morgan The Rest Of His Career, His Attorney Says, Calling Wal-Mart ?Despicable' For Blaming Injuries On Seatbelt Use
- Headed For A Split? Miranda Lambert And Blake Shelton Living Separate Lives – Report
- Without His Pop's Support: Troubled Joe Giudice Requests Change To Release Conditions Following Beloved Father Frank's Tragic Death
- Making age-appropriate music with former rock star John Mellencamp
- ?Exodus' star Christian Bale on playing Moses: ?You can't out-Heston Charlton Heston'