With Diaper Stunt, 'Family Guy' Just Trying to Get Fined by FCC
By PopEater Staff Posted May 5th 2010 11:27AM
Broadcast decency laws apply to anything depicting content in which excretory functions are used in an offensive manner.
"It seems as though 'Family Guy' creator, Seth MacFarlane, carefully reviewed the legal definition of broadcast indecency and set out to violate it as literally as he could," said PTC President Tim Winter on their website.
We don't take pleasure in describing what occurs between Brian and Stewie in the episode, but in a nutshell, the pair are stuck in a bank vault when Stewie makes a deposit in his diaper. He somehow convinces his canine companion to eat the diaper's contents, then shockingly coaxes him to clean his bottom using ... his ... tongue. (Pause to gag.)
There is also vomit and the eating of said vomit.
"Given the patently offensive depictions of one character eating excrement out of a diaper, then eating vomit, and finally licking the remaining excrement from a baby's bottom -- while the baby expresses physical gratification from having his bottom licked -- we believe that the broadcast decency law has been broken," Winter said.
The FCC has so far not filed an official complaint against FOX, but the PTC is calling on all concerned parents to boycott the show's sponsors.
"We will also hold publicly accountable the corporate sponsors which underwrote this feces-eating broadcast, ironically a number of which were restaurants."
FOX and McFarlane have so far declined to comment on the controversy.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Daniel Radcliffe: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Julianne Hough Returning to Dancing With the Stars as Season 19 Judge
- Ciara, Future Split: How She Discovered His Ongoing Affair With His Stylist
- America’s Next Top Model Cycle 21 Premiere Party
- Lindsay Lohan At The Bowery Hotel After Getting Iced on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Rihanna and Drake Back Together After He Implied She Was the Devil
- 'The Feed' host Gail Simmons: Sabotage rules on cooking competition shows
- Contestant sues 'Dating Naked' for allegedly airing uncensored shot
- Bikini-clad Gwyneth Paltrow nominates Chris Martin for the Ice Bucket Challenge