Kim Kardashian's Ex Fights Back After Abuse Leak
By PopEater Staff Posted May 5th 2010 11:15AM
The ex-husband of Kim Kardashian apparently has a bone to pick following the leak of his divorce papers from the reality starlet, in which Kim alleged he violently abused her and treated her like a servant. Now, Damon Thomas -- who married Kim when she was just 19 and long before she shot to stardom -- is telling his side of the story exclusively to In Touch Weekly, and he says Kim's allegations are "absolutely not true," going on to call her a "fame-whore" who cheated on him with "multiple guys." Ouch! His words, after the jump!
Thomas, a music producer who has worked with huge acts like Lionel Ritchie and Pink, says that he never beat Kim, and that she only accused him of such actions in order to bilk him of "a lot of money." He notes that Kim never filed a restraining order against him, which he suggests someone would do if their significant other was abusive.
According to the divorce documents, which were first published in Britain's Daily Mail, Kardashian was 19 at the time she and Thomas, then 29, tied the knot in January 2000. Kardashian's states in the divorce papers that soon after their nuptials, the abuse began.
"Damon first hit me a few months after we were married," she says in the statement, going on to describe several instances of alleged abuse in detail. "One incident occurred on the day that Damon and I were going skydiving with Justin Timberlake," Kardashian says. "Before we left home, Damon hit me in the face and cut my lip open. I fell into the bed frame and banged my knee hard."
Abuse Claims in Kardashian Divorce Papers
In Section 9, Kim details the size difference between her and Thomas, apparently to show how he used it to his physical advantage against her. See the Shocking Documents >>>
Kim Kardashian Divorce Papers
During their three-year marriage, Thomas claims that Kim was "obsessed with fame" and was a "jealous and competitive" person who "does harmful things in order to validate herself in the media." One could surmise that he's referring to her now-infamous sex tape.
"That's a fame-whore to me. It's just not cool at all," Thomas says. He also goes on to accuse her of cheating on him with "multiple guys," even going on to name Chris Judd -- who was once married to Jennifer Lopez.
Another claim made by Kardashian is that Thomas gave her thousands of dollars and told her to get liposuction. Damon, however, says it's the other way around -- that Kim was the one who wanted plastic surgery.
"She wanted to have that lifestyle ... She wanted to be what she ultimately became."
After three years of marriage, Thomas filed for divorce in 2003. In 2004, it was made official and he was ordered to pay Kim $56,000.
As a music producer, Thomas has worked with countless popular artists, including Lionel Richie and Pink. He also produced the soundtrack for the Oscar-nominated 2006 film 'Dreamgirls.'
For the full interview, pick up this week's In Touch Weekly!
Kim Kardashian Photos
Kim Kardashian attends the White House Correspondents' Association dinner after party hosted by Niche Media and Capitol File magazine at The Mayflower Renaissance Washington DC Hotel on May 1, 2010. Click for More Kim Pics! >>>
Getty Images North America
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Splitsville -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Kim Kardashian
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- James Van Der Beek: Dawson's Creek Feels Like a Lifetime Ago!
- Heidi Montag Sends Former BFF Lauren Conrad Congratulatory Message Post Wedding to William Tell
- Dancing With the Stars Makeup Artist Spills Backstage Beauty Secrets, Reveals Just How Much Tanner Is Used
- Crumbling Empire: Teresa Giudice Lists Beloved Jersey Shore House & Family Boat After Mansion Put On Market ? Ahead Of October Sentencing Date
- The Voice Of Evil: Chilling Confession Tape Of Etan Patz's Alleged Killer Plays For Judge In Court Hearing ? ?Something Took Over Me, & I Was Just Choking Him’
- No Apology Necessary? Kanye West Goes On EPIC Rant After Wheelchair Incident Backfires ? Insists, ?This Is Artistry'
- Cheryl Burke: This is 'probably' my last season on 'Dancing With the Stars'
- 'Jersey Boys' lyricist Bob Crewe dead at 83
- Atlanta rapper Gucci Mane sentenced in assault for hitting fan with vodka bottle at nightclub
- Orange Is the New Black's Lauren Morelli & Samira Wiley Aren't Alone: 7 More Couples Who Met on Set!
- Conan O'Brien to Honor George Harrison in Week-Long Tribute to the Late Beatles Star
- Was Holly Montag Trying to Steal Lauren Conrad's Wedding Thunder? The Hills Star Gets Married on the Exact Same Day!