Where is Lindsay Lohan in the 'Machete' Trailer?
By John Mitchell Posted May 5th 2010 02:35PM
In April, PopEater reported that Lindsay Lohan had been left off the cover of the 'Mean Girls' video game, and we speculated that the marketing team behind the game may have been leery of associating the actresses current, troubled image with the teen-friendly game.
Now, the trailer for Lohan's latest movie, Robert Rodriguez's hotly-anticipated 'Machete,' has been released -- but if you blink you'll miss her. What gives?
Lohan is part of an all-star ensemble cast that includes Robert DeNiro, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez and Danny Trejo. According to IMDB, the film is about an ex-Federale who goes on a brutal rampage of revenge after being betrayed by his former boss. It is based on a fake trailer that was featured as part of the Rodriguez-Quentin Tarantino double feature, 'Grindhouse.' IMDB notes that she filmed her role in three days.
She appears in the trailer only when her name flashes across the screen; she is dressed as a gun-wielding nun and does not speak.
Unlike the 'Mean Girls' game, which is aimed at a younger audience, 'Machete' is a violent, curse word-laden film from a director whose last picture featured a character whose amputated leg was replaced by a machine gun. It's curious that they wouldn't play up Lohan's participation. Whether she is or is not a "troubled" in real life, she is often portrayed as such, so why not show her in all her bad girl glory? Because really, at this point, isn't that what we all want to see anyway -- Lindsay Lohan being a bad girl doing bad girl things? Shouldn't she be all over this thing?
Check out the trailer below. WARNING, it feature extreme violence and graphic language (we mean it ... things get rough!):
Original Video- More videos at TinyPic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hollywood studios are urged to take extra precautions filming abroad amid rising global security issues
- 'NCIS' moves down South with New Orleans spinoff
- Ben Affleck admits he counts cards
- 'CSI's' Carol Mendelsohn Sells Journalism Dramedy to ABC
- Throwback Thursday: 'Forrest Gump' Ran Away With the Box Office in 1994
- Jon Stewart Outraged By NFL's Ongoing Domestic-Violence Scandal
- Sorry, Dallas Fans: Matthew McConaughey Isn't in 'Magic Mike XXL'
- 'The Maze Runner' Family Review: 5 Things Every Parent Should Know
- Everyone Is #Blessed in This Exclusive 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day' Preview (VIDEO)