Scissor Sisters Worked on Album for 18 Months, Then Killed It
By PopEater Staff Posted May 7th 2010 06:46AM
"If it wasn't something we could fully get behind and believe in, I think the band was going to be over," singer Jake Shears told the BBC. "If we put out anything sub-standard it was curtains for Scissor Sisters."
Shears admits that the band took a year and a half to write and record the album, but "in my heart I knew it wasn't right, I didn't really know what it was trying to say. It left me a little bit cold."
They started over last June and the result is 'Night Work.'
The flamboyant frontman also told the BBC (via Spinner) that the album includes a collaboration with 'Lord of the Rings' legend Ian McKellen, who contributes a spoken word part to the album's closing track.
Shears said, "Somebody in the studio said: 'We need a very deep British man's voice here.' And I instantly thought of Ian. He's a fan and has come to lots of shows. I've hung out with him quite a bit."
'Night Work' is scheduled for release on June 28.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Swim week swimsuit shockers
- Duran Duran files lawsuit accusing fan club of breach of contract
- Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas bond while filming 'And So It Goes'
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- LeAnn Rimes Reveals Eddie Cibrian's Children Asked About Their Affair
- Is Casey Anthony Working As a Live-In Maid?
- Official Cause of Peaches Geldof Death Revealed
- Britney Spears Heads out for Date Night with David Lucado, Shows off Skinny Waist
- Ariana Grande Heartbroken Over Grandpa's Death, Sobs as Brother Frankie Grande Gets the News in Big Brother House
- Naya Rivera Secretly Married Ryan Dorsey on Her Original Wedding Date to Big Sean; Kim Kardashian Shares Sexy Bikini Picture: Top 5 Wednesday Stories