Scissor Sisters Worked on Album for 18 Months, Then Killed It
By PopEater Staff Posted May 7th 2010 06:46AM
"If it wasn't something we could fully get behind and believe in, I think the band was going to be over," singer Jake Shears told the BBC. "If we put out anything sub-standard it was curtains for Scissor Sisters."
Shears admits that the band took a year and a half to write and record the album, but "in my heart I knew it wasn't right, I didn't really know what it was trying to say. It left me a little bit cold."
They started over last June and the result is 'Night Work.'
The flamboyant frontman also told the BBC (via Spinner) that the album includes a collaboration with 'Lord of the Rings' legend Ian McKellen, who contributes a spoken word part to the album's closing track.
Shears said, "Somebody in the studio said: 'We need a very deep British man's voice here.' And I instantly thought of Ian. He's a fan and has come to lots of shows. I've hung out with him quite a bit."
'Night Work' is scheduled for release on June 28.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alfonso Ribeiro dominates 'DWTS'
- 'Duck Dynasty's' Robertsons travel to Scotland in season 7 premiere
- Teresa Giudice's crisis manager quits; Star asks to do time in 'Orange is the New Black' prison
- Shia LaBeouf admits he used to follow Alec Baldwin home in ?Interview'
- ?Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany to make New York stage debut
- Leslie Jones Promoted to Saturday Night Live Featured Player: 5 Things to Know About the Comedienne
- Kate Middleton's Wardrobe Malfunction: See the Duchess' High-Flying Skirt in Marilyn Monroe Moment!
- Pregnant Molly Sims Glows in Crop Top on Red Carpet, Plus See What Jennifer Lawrence, Kerry Washington, More Wore!