Scissor Sisters Worked on Album for 18 Months, Then Killed It
By PopEater Staff Posted May 7th 2010 06:46AM
"If it wasn't something we could fully get behind and believe in, I think the band was going to be over," singer Jake Shears told the BBC. "If we put out anything sub-standard it was curtains for Scissor Sisters."
Shears admits that the band took a year and a half to write and record the album, but "in my heart I knew it wasn't right, I didn't really know what it was trying to say. It left me a little bit cold."
They started over last June and the result is 'Night Work.'
The flamboyant frontman also told the BBC (via Spinner) that the album includes a collaboration with 'Lord of the Rings' legend Ian McKellen, who contributes a spoken word part to the album's closing track.
Shears said, "Somebody in the studio said: 'We need a very deep British man's voice here.' And I instantly thought of Ian. He's a fan and has come to lots of shows. I've hung out with him quite a bit."
'Night Work' is scheduled for release on June 28.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rumer Willis: Demi Moore, Bruce Willis are ?really excited' to see me on ?DWTS'
- Scarlett Johansson: John Travolta is not 'creepy,' Oscars kiss was 'totally welcome'
- Woman asks about dress color, Internet loses collective mind
- Video: Kanye West Breaks Down in Tears During BBC Interview
- #TheDress Explained! Why Some See #BlackandBlue and Others #WhiteandGold
- Extra Scoop: Who Would Steal Lupita Nyong'o's Oscars Dress?
- The Dress: Kim Kardashian Sees White and Gold, While Kanye West Sees Black and Blue!
- Kanye West Gets Birth Dates of North, Mom Donda Tattooed on His Wrists: See Photos
- Tumblr Viral Dress Colors Revealed: Woman Who Saw It In Person Says It's Blue and Black, Not White and Gold