Scissor Sisters Worked on Album for 18 Months, Then Killed It
By PopEater Staff Posted May 7th 2010 06:46AM
"If it wasn't something we could fully get behind and believe in, I think the band was going to be over," singer Jake Shears told the BBC. "If we put out anything sub-standard it was curtains for Scissor Sisters."
Shears admits that the band took a year and a half to write and record the album, but "in my heart I knew it wasn't right, I didn't really know what it was trying to say. It left me a little bit cold."
They started over last June and the result is 'Night Work.'
The flamboyant frontman also told the BBC (via Spinner) that the album includes a collaboration with 'Lord of the Rings' legend Ian McKellen, who contributes a spoken word part to the album's closing track.
Shears said, "Somebody in the studio said: 'We need a very deep British man's voice here.' And I instantly thought of Ian. He's a fan and has come to lots of shows. I've hung out with him quite a bit."
'Night Work' is scheduled for release on June 28.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Mike Tyson doesn't bust a move on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Priscilla Presley Talks the King of Rock, and Las Vegas Elvis Exhibition
- Eva Longoria on Life at 40: 'I've Never Felt Better'
- See Blake Shelton's Priceless Reaction to Christina Aguilera Beating Him on the Country Charts
- Carole Middleton "Very Happy," Gets Blowout Before Kate Middleton Goes Into Labor With Second Royal Baby
- Owain Yeoman, Gigi Yallouz Welcome Daughter Ever Belle: Details
- Beyonce, Solange's Bridesmaid Style at Mom Tina Knowles' Wedding: Plus, See Blue Ivy's Sweet Dress!