Scissor Sisters Worked on Album for 18 Months, Then Killed It
By PopEater Staff Posted May 7th 2010 06:46AM
"If it wasn't something we could fully get behind and believe in, I think the band was going to be over," singer Jake Shears told the BBC. "If we put out anything sub-standard it was curtains for Scissor Sisters."
Shears admits that the band took a year and a half to write and record the album, but "in my heart I knew it wasn't right, I didn't really know what it was trying to say. It left me a little bit cold."
They started over last June and the result is 'Night Work.'
The flamboyant frontman also told the BBC (via Spinner) that the album includes a collaboration with 'Lord of the Rings' legend Ian McKellen, who contributes a spoken word part to the album's closing track.
Shears said, "Somebody in the studio said: 'We need a very deep British man's voice here.' And I instantly thought of Ian. He's a fan and has come to lots of shows. I've hung out with him quite a bit."
'Night Work' is scheduled for release on June 28.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry tapped to perform Super Bowl halftime show
- One Direction, Katy Perry each win three American Music Awards
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- American Music Awards 2014: The 5 Biggest and Best Moments From the Show
- Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Bring Down the House at 2014 American Music Awards With "Booty"
- Fergie Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction During 2014 AMAs "L.A.Love" Performance, Robe Hangs Off Her Butt: Watch Now!