Scissor Sisters Worked on Album for 18 Months, Then Killed It
By PopEater Staff Posted May 7th 2010 06:46AM
"If it wasn't something we could fully get behind and believe in, I think the band was going to be over," singer Jake Shears told the BBC. "If we put out anything sub-standard it was curtains for Scissor Sisters."
Shears admits that the band took a year and a half to write and record the album, but "in my heart I knew it wasn't right, I didn't really know what it was trying to say. It left me a little bit cold."
They started over last June and the result is 'Night Work.'
The flamboyant frontman also told the BBC (via Spinner) that the album includes a collaboration with 'Lord of the Rings' legend Ian McKellen, who contributes a spoken word part to the album's closing track.
Shears said, "Somebody in the studio said: 'We need a very deep British man's voice here.' And I instantly thought of Ian. He's a fan and has come to lots of shows. I've hung out with him quite a bit."
'Night Work' is scheduled for release on June 28.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sofia Vergara brags on her backside with sexy selfie
- Then/Now: 'St. Elmo's Fire'
- Vice apologizes for suicide-themed fashion spread, removes it from website
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Photos From The 'Veronica Mars' Movie Set
- 'Terminator 3' Actor Placed On Involuntary Psychiatric Hold (REPORT)
- Help Stop His Terrible Idea
- ?Man of Steel': The deleted scene that explains the ending?
- Kanye West ?Yeezus' lyric or Lucille Bluth quote? Take our quiz!
- Russell Brand outsmarts and out-funnys MSNBC's ?Morning Joe' crew ? VIDEO
- Video! Russell Brand Points Out ?Morning' Show Faults
- Nigella Lawson's Husband Receives ?Police Caution' Over Alleged Assault
- John Mayer Releases New 'Paper Doll' Prancercise Video... for Taylor Swift?