Barbara Walters to Undergo Heart Valve Surgery
By PopEater Staff Posted May 10th 2010 12:36PM
She admitted she had only revealed the news to her 'View' co-hosts that morning. "You kept it secret very well, Barbara," Joy Behar said, and Walters explained, "I thought it best not to talk about it too far in advance."
Recovery can be anywhere from a month to three months, she said.
"You know how healthy I have been -- never missed a day's work," Walters said before noting that she has "known of this condition for a while now."
"Lot of people have done this and I have known about this condition for a while now. My doctors and I have decided that this is the best time to do the surgery," said Walters. "And since the summer is coming up, I can take a nice vacation. Earlier this morning, I told my wonderful and supportive pals here. And you kept it a secret until this very minute."
Whoopi Goldberg then asked if Walters was scared. "Nobody wants to have this kind of surgery," Walters replied.
"It's not elective, like getting your face lifted. But it's an operation that's done so often and I have very good doctors and the support and love of my daughter. I'm glad it's going to be over with. It's going to be taken care of," she added.
Barbara Walters attends the Roundabout Theatre Company's 2010 Spring Gala at Studio 54 on March 22, 2010 in New York. More photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stanley Tucci, Felicity Blunt Welcome Baby Boy Matteo Oliver to "Cold, Cruel World": Read His Funny Statement
- Gavin Rossdale: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Ted 2 Trailer Debuts Online, Is Just as Crude and Funny as You'd Expect
- Sean Penn: I would consider a marriage to Charlize Theron my first
- Jesse Ventura refuses to see 'American Sniper,' says Chris Kyle is no hero
- Emile Hirsch ?the troublemaker of Sundance,' source says