Barbara Walters to Undergo Heart Valve Surgery
By PopEater Staff Posted May 10th 2010 12:36PM
She admitted she had only revealed the news to her 'View' co-hosts that morning. "You kept it secret very well, Barbara," Joy Behar said, and Walters explained, "I thought it best not to talk about it too far in advance."
Recovery can be anywhere from a month to three months, she said.
"You know how healthy I have been -- never missed a day's work," Walters said before noting that she has "known of this condition for a while now."
"Lot of people have done this and I have known about this condition for a while now. My doctors and I have decided that this is the best time to do the surgery," said Walters. "And since the summer is coming up, I can take a nice vacation. Earlier this morning, I told my wonderful and supportive pals here. And you kept it a secret until this very minute."
Whoopi Goldberg then asked if Walters was scared. "Nobody wants to have this kind of surgery," Walters replied.
"It's not elective, like getting your face lifted. But it's an operation that's done so often and I have very good doctors and the support and love of my daughter. I'm glad it's going to be over with. It's going to be taken care of," she added.
Barbara Walters attends the Roundabout Theatre Company's 2010 Spring Gala at Studio 54 on March 22, 2010 in New York. More photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Bachelorette Finale Recap: Does Kaitlyn Bristowe Choose Shawn or Nick?
- Walking Dead Actress Alanna Masterson Pregnant With First Child — See Her Baby Bump!
- Kevin Zegers, Wife Jaime Feld Welcome Twin Girls: See Their Announcement
- Puddle of Mudd frontman Wes Scantlin accused of DWI, fleeing police in Minnesota
- Box Office Top 20: 'Ant-Man' beats 'Pixels' by a tentacle; 'Southpaw' outclasses 'Paper Towns'
- Hulk Hogan thanks fans for their support after being released from WWE contract