Donald Trump Defends Scantily Clad Miss USA Contestants
By PopEater Staff Posted May 10th 2010 08:00PM
Since the promotional photos were unveiled, the competition, its organizers, and owner Donald Trump have come under fire. The biggest question: Are the photos appropriate?
Trump wasted no time getting his own thoughts about the situation out there. He stopped by Ryan Seacrest's KIIS radio show this morning to set the record straight. "I think they've gone maybe a little over the top this year. These pictures are pretty wild," he said. "But the girls are incredible."
While Trump admitted they've received a fair amount of complaints, the positive feedback has been strong as well. His bottom line? Since taking over the Miss USA competition in 2002, the show's success keeps growing and growing. And when asked why, Trump said, "The bathing suits got smaller and the heels got higher." At least he's honest!
The photos are definitely more risqué than years past when contestants wore bathing suits or ball gowns. But The Donald isn't apologizing for being a little racy. When asked what the women will wear this Sunday night when the competition airs live on TV, Trump replied, "They'll go as far as they can go on network television... which is pretty far!"
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Donald Trump
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Donald Trump Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cate Blanchett Will Play Lucille Ball in a Biopic Penned by West Wing's Aaron Sorkin
- Justin Bieber Reveals Why He Broke Down at the 2015 MTV VMAs on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 45 Million Instagram Followers With, You Guessed It, a Cleavage Shot
- Alan Thicke doesn't want to see a 'Growing Pains' remake
- Miranda Lambert takes on Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood'
- Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen have hit a 'rocky point' but still 'in love'
- Mr. Robot's Finale Brilliantly Sets the Stage for Season 2 With Twists, Turns & New Questions
- Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen Are Not Headed for Divorce, Source Says
- Sandra Bullock's Boyfriend Bryan Randall Can't Stop Gushing About His New Leading Lady—Get the Scoop!