Donald Trump Defends Scantily Clad Miss USA Contestants
By PopEater Staff Posted May 10th 2010 08:00PM
Since the promotional photos were unveiled, the competition, its organizers, and owner Donald Trump have come under fire. The biggest question: Are the photos appropriate?
Trump wasted no time getting his own thoughts about the situation out there. He stopped by Ryan Seacrest's KIIS radio show this morning to set the record straight. "I think they've gone maybe a little over the top this year. These pictures are pretty wild," he said. "But the girls are incredible."
While Trump admitted they've received a fair amount of complaints, the positive feedback has been strong as well. His bottom line? Since taking over the Miss USA competition in 2002, the show's success keeps growing and growing. And when asked why, Trump said, "The bathing suits got smaller and the heels got higher." At least he's honest!
The photos are definitely more risqué than years past when contestants wore bathing suits or ball gowns. But The Donald isn't apologizing for being a little racy. When asked what the women will wear this Sunday night when the competition airs live on TV, Trump replied, "They'll go as far as they can go on network television... which is pretty far!"
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Donald Trump
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Donald Trump Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Beyonce Asked Gwyneth Paltrow For Jay Z Divorce Advice; Jill Duggar is Pregnant: Top 5 Stories
- Jamie Chung: What's In My Bag?
- Molly Ringwald's Daughter Mathilda Has Run-In With Sixteen Candles Poster While School Shopping: Picture
- You've Got ? A Split! Meg Ryan Throws Herself Into Filming Upcoming Movie ?Ithaca' After John Mellencamp Break Up Report
- Elizabeth Vargas and husband split, report says
- Billy Crystal to present Emmy Awards tribute to Robin Williams
- 'Teen Barbie' Lolita Richi says appearance is all natural
- Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp Split After Three Years of Dating: Reports
- Chris Brown Appreciates Karrueche Tran for "Putting Up With My S--t," Talks Babies (Wait, What?!)
- Remember When Beyoncé and Jay Z Went to Cuba? Well, It Was Completely Legal So You Can Stop Worrying About It Now