Erin Andrews Wants to Win 'DWTS' to Spite Elisabeth
By Rob Shuter Posted May 10th 2010 09:24AM
"The irony is that Elisabeth has single-handedly united everyone in America behind Erin," said a 'Dancing' insider. "Elisabeth's comments have not only made Erin more determined to win, but have also given every woman in America who has ever been made fun of because of what they wear or how they look a champion."
And it's not just show insiders who feel that way. Following my story detailing how Barbara Walters made Elisabeth apologize on-air to Erin, I received hundreds of comments and e-mails that overwhelmingly supported Erin.
Helene Harris from Valley Stream, NY, summed up the feeling best, e-mailing me: "I'm determined to throw my support behind Erin on 'DWTS.' She is a beautiful, talented woman who has been maligned by an ignorant Elisabeth Hasselbeck. (Who incidentally wore a hell of a lot less in her stint on 'Survivor.')"
The vast majority of e-mails I got from men also supported Erin. Gregory Littley told me, "Elisabeth once again showcased her inability for compassion by attempting to make light of Erin's past legal problems with a stalker. Out of sheer spite to Elisabeth, I'd like to see Erin walk away from the competition with that trophy."
I suggest that Elisabeth doesn't watch 'Dancing' tonight, because sources tell me Erin has no intention of covering up any more than the men do to please dear Elisabeth. And if she does go on to win the whole thing, expect her to be celebrating on 'Regis and Kelly' rather than 'The View.'
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
"Jersey Shore" cast members grabs drinks before strolling about town to film an episode for the upcoming season in Miami Beach.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Hottest Stories -
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tom Cruise Took Private Jet to Party at This Local Nashville Bar for the Fourth of July — See the Amazing Pic
- The Fooo Conspiracy Talks Opening for One Direction, Justin Bieber
- Bachelor in Paradise Season 2 Promo Teases a Lot of Kissing and Crying (and More Kissing and More Crying)
- Longtime Hollywood producer Jerry Weintraub dies at 77
- Bill Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex
- Justin Bieber's buddy gets a shark bite during vacation
- Ryan Reynolds Reveals What ''Freaks'' Him Out About Parenthood
- Michael Bublé and Wife Luisana Lopilato Expecting Baby No. 2—Watch the Adorable Announcement!
- Damon Albarn Plays 5-Hour Set, Gets Carried Off by Security at Roskilde After He Refuses to Leave: Watch Now!