Is 'Britain's Got Talent's' Janey Cutler The Next Susan Boyle?
"I'm over the moon just to have been able to perform on the program," Cutler tells the UK's Telegraph. "This unexpected interest is making it even more of a dream come true."Since her triumphant moment, Cutler has been the object of worldwide media attention -- she's even discussed her sudden stardom with CBS News. The great-grandmother, who has been singing since the age of 6, auditioned for the show at the behest of a friend after initially shooting down the idea on account of being "too old."
Aside from their similarly jaw-dropping performances on 'Britain's' stage, Cutler's own journey also mirrors that of Boyle's. She was discovered while auditioning in Glasgow, Scotland -- the same city where Boyle was found by the show. So what does Cutler think of the comparisons? She tells CBS News that she's "on her own" and doesn't compare herself to anyone.
After Betty White's triumphant 'SNL' episode, it seems octogenarians are having the best week ever. So what do you think, is the 81-year-old grandmother good enough to fill SuBo's enormous, albeit modest, shoes? Judge Simon Cowell sure seems to think so, giving Cutler "3,003" yeses -- one for everyone in the 'Britain's Got Talent' studio audience.
Watch CBS News Videos Online
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton Debuts Baby Bump in First Red Carpet Appearance Since Pregnancy Announcement; See Her Stunning Gown!
- Matthew McConaughey Says Wife Camila Alves Pressured Him to Get Married: "Either S--t or Get Off the Pot"
- Kris Jenner Addresses Rumors of Bruce Jenner Dating Her Best Friend: "I Hope He's Doing His Thing and Having a Good Time"
- Good News For Amanda! Bynes' Drivers License Reinstated After DUI Arrest ? But She’s Still Hospitalized
- Lock Her Up! Prosecutors Tell Judge ?RHONJ' Star Teresa Giudice Needs Prison Time, Not A Halfway House ? Read The Blistering Letter