No Happy Ending for Jack Bauer on '24'
By Bryan Alexander Posted May 11th 2010 08:16AM
'24' fans can forget about a happy ending, as it's only going to get uglier. Executive producer Howard Gordon warns that Jack walking off into the sunset is not in his horoscope. "This show is a tragedy and so to give Jack a happy ending just didn't feel authentic," Gordon said in a conference call.
The show's creators did try out "a couple of different endings for size," said Gordon. "One thing we tried and didn't work was a happily-ever-after for Jack."
So go into the final episodes with your game face on, because it's never going to get easier for Jack -- especially as he's had to deal with the death of Renee Walker on the show. Even her death was planned very early on: "This was one we had come up with at the very beginning," said Gordon. And her death will only send Jack further into a darker place.
That said, Gordon points out that at least they gave fans "a happy beginning" at the start of the season. Gee, thanks for that. That would be Jack promising to retire from terrorist smack downs and spend more time with his family.
Of course, he got pulled into one last job and it will not end pretty. Worse still, Gordon promised "a final moment that is very specific to the series finale," which he calls a "punctuation mark."
There's nothing worse than a bad ending with an exclamation point ... unless it's a question mark.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
"Jersey Shore" cast members grabs drinks before strolling about town to film an episode for the upcoming season in Miami Beach.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dan Stevens to Play the Beast Alongside Emma Watson in Disney's Live-Action Beauty and the Beast
- Madonna Rebel Heart Album Review: A Regal, Star-Studded Set
- Tiffani Thiessen Teaches Elizabeth Berkley How to Cook in Sweet Saved By the Bell Reunion
- Celebrity scale: Skinny or curvy?
- Glen Campbell's two oldest children fighting wife for control of affairs
- Chris Brown's girlfriend Karrueche Tran dumps him after learning he's a dad
- Jenelle Evans' Fiancé Nathan Griffith Arrested For Domestic Violence
- Benji Madden Delivers the Sweetest Messages (and Cutest Puppy) to His "Bae" Cameron Diaz While On the Road
- This YouTube Star Can Sing "Uptown Funk" Beginning to End Using Family Guy Voices—Watch Now!