Lindsay Lohan and Avril Lavigne: Best Frenemies
By PopEater Staff Posted May 11th 2010 08:39AM
It's America vs. Canada in a young celebrity showdown, as word of a bitter battle between Lindsay Lohan and Avril Lavigne is spreading throughout the entertainment world. As rumor has it, Lindsay had a blowout with the Canadian rocker-actress at the infamous Chateau Marmont in Hollywood -- a hotspot for ridiculous celebrity shenanigans. Apparently, the rivalry began when Lavigne blasted Lohan for being "fake" and "a loser" when the 'Mean Girls' star tried to approach her table.
"I don't like false people. Stay away from me and my friends," Lavigne reportedly yelled at an inquiring Lohan, according to the New York Post.
Obviously not too pleased with Avril's reaction, Lohan then allegedly tried to get her kicked out, screaming, "Don't threaten me!" Sadly, security didn't think Lavigne deserved the boot, which caused Lindsay to pack up and leave instead.
According to gossip lore, the bitter blood stems from an incident where Lohan refused to chat with Lavigne at a prior event, but later tried to buddy up to her when she was sitting with boyfriend Brody Jenner at the Marmont.
"It seemed like she was just being friendly to Avril because she was with people Lindsay wanted to impress. Avril is avoiding going to the Chateau Marmont when she knows Linsday will be there. She doesn't want any more drama," the Post source says.
This continues a less-than-stellar news week for Lohan. On Monday, E*Trade -- who Lohan sued for using a "milkaholic" baby named Lindsay in their commercial -- filed a massive heap of court documents to argue that Lohan lives in California, and not New York as her lawsuit stated. So how are they trying to prove she's a California girl? With hundreds of pages of gossip stories linking Lohan to Los Angeles clubs, incidents and yes, arrests.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas bond while filming 'And So It Goes'
- CBS says new 'Late Show' host Stephen Colbert to keep show in NYC
- Man found dead after disappearing at Jason Aldean concert
- Official Cause of Peaches Geldof Death Revealed
- Check Out 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay's' Limited Edition Comic-Con Poster!
- Former 'DWTS' Host Samantha Harris Reveals Good News About Her Health
- Karlie Kloss Gets Photobombed By Smiling, Clueless Woman Outside Gym in NYC: Hilarious Picture
- Pharrell Williams' Music Video for "Come Get It Bae" Features Twerking, Miley Cyrus Cameo: Watch!
- Jack White Did Not Look Happy at the Chicago Cubs Game: See the Viral Picture