Lindsay Lohan and Avril Lavigne: Best Frenemies
By PopEater Staff Posted May 11th 2010 08:39AM
It's America vs. Canada in a young celebrity showdown, as word of a bitter battle between Lindsay Lohan and Avril Lavigne is spreading throughout the entertainment world. As rumor has it, Lindsay had a blowout with the Canadian rocker-actress at the infamous Chateau Marmont in Hollywood -- a hotspot for ridiculous celebrity shenanigans. Apparently, the rivalry began when Lavigne blasted Lohan for being "fake" and "a loser" when the 'Mean Girls' star tried to approach her table.
"I don't like false people. Stay away from me and my friends," Lavigne reportedly yelled at an inquiring Lohan, according to the New York Post.
Obviously not too pleased with Avril's reaction, Lohan then allegedly tried to get her kicked out, screaming, "Don't threaten me!" Sadly, security didn't think Lavigne deserved the boot, which caused Lindsay to pack up and leave instead.
According to gossip lore, the bitter blood stems from an incident where Lohan refused to chat with Lavigne at a prior event, but later tried to buddy up to her when she was sitting with boyfriend Brody Jenner at the Marmont.
"It seemed like she was just being friendly to Avril because she was with people Lindsay wanted to impress. Avril is avoiding going to the Chateau Marmont when she knows Linsday will be there. She doesn't want any more drama," the Post source says.
This continues a less-than-stellar news week for Lohan. On Monday, E*Trade -- who Lohan sued for using a "milkaholic" baby named Lindsay in their commercial -- filed a massive heap of court documents to argue that Lohan lives in California, and not New York as her lawsuit stated. So how are they trying to prove she's a California girl? With hundreds of pages of gossip stories linking Lohan to Los Angeles clubs, incidents and yes, arrests.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Cannes street style
- Documentary exploring history of Second Amendment features Ted Nugent, Ice-T
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers?
- WATCH: Celebs Join Matt Damon's 'Toilet Strike'
- The Softer Side Of Stan
- Pop Culture Pet Peeve: Chain your door if you're in danger!
- Lucille Bluth vs. the Disney Princesses
- Robert Kirkman talks about his crime comic ?Thief of Thieves.' Plus: check out the first four pages of the new issue ? EXCLUSIVE
- Khloe Kardashian Defends Big Sis Kim: ?She Looks Beautiful'
- Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy on Romance in ?Before Midnight'
- ?The Internship' Cast Agrees? Google Is the Bomb!