High Style at Cannes: Salma, Eva, 'Wall Street' Crew, Oh My!
By PopEater Staff Posted May 12th 2010 09:00PM
The 63rd Annual Cannes Film Festival kicked off this week, and even massive storms on the French Riviera didn't keep the stars away. The 'Robin Hood' premiere gala on opening night attracted several of Hollywood's biggest A-list celebrities, each one dressed to the nines, while the 'Wall Street' crew looked nothing short of dapper during their film's premiere.
Kate Beckinsale, Cate Blanchett, Russell Crowe, Salma Hayek, Eva Longoria, and others wowed on the opening night red carpet and set the tone for plenty of glamour during the festival.
Hayek stunned as usual, showing off her slimmer-but-still-curvy figure in a maroon Gucci dress from the designer's Premiere line that sported a beaded strap. According to Gucci, Hayek's dress was actually made for Frida Giannini, who is the lead designer for the hyper-fashionable label.
Beckinsale wore a light blue, crystal embroidered Marchesa gown complete with a ruffled skirt. Blanchett paid tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen by wearing a floor-length black gown with silver eagle on the front and a bit of white tulle peeking out from the bottom.
Crowe was handsome in a Gorgio Armani tuxedo. Hayek was absolutely stunning in a floor-length burgundy Gucci gown and Longoria was the belle of the ball in her white Emilio Pucci tiered gown with never-ending train.
More stars and high style is expected as the festival continues. Michael Douglas and Shia Labeouf will unveil 'Wall Street : Money Never Sleeps,' Naomi Watts will showcase 'You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger,' and Sean Penn, Carey Mulligan, and Mick Jagger will also make appearances throughout the festival.
Another major premiere that unearthed some of Hollywood's A-list was that of 'Wall Street 2,' the follow-up to Oliver Stone's massive 1987 greed-driven hit. While Michael 'Gordon Gekko' Douglas went for the cool-and-casual look courtesy of an open shirt and no tie, director Oliver Stone's appearance was a bit more curious -- not because of his wardrobe, but the addition of a mustache to his facial repertoire.
Mustaches aside, Shia LaBeouf looked straight out of GQ Magazine, donning a grey suit and dark striped tie (and yes, his fabulous hair remains intact). LaBeouf was mostly arm-in-arm on the carpet with Carey Mulligan, his 'Wall Street' co-star who also happens to be his girlfriend. She was decked out in a simple-but-sleek purple belted dress.
Celebs at Cannes
Cate Blanchett arrives at the premiere of Ridley Scott's "Robin Hood," presented at opening ceremony of the 63rd Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, southern France, Wednesday, May 12, 2010.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift posts sexy bikini snaps and shows off her belly button
- Clint Eastwood says 'American Sniper' makes strong anti-war statement
- Kanye West gives rambling 8 minute speech at award show
- 'SNL' Mocks Tom Brady and DeflateGate in Cold Open
- Sundance: Nicole Kidman's 'Strangerland' Selling to Alchemy
- Sundance Shortcuts: 'Nasty Baby's' Kristen Wiig, Co-Stars on Their Strangest Castmember (Video)
- Five directors who can help Johnny Depp recover from ?Mortdecai'
- Blake Shelton takes over ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Bill Maher calls ?American Sniper' Chris Kyle ?a psychopath patriot'
- The 10 Most WTF-Worthy Moments From 'The Boy Next Door'
- Mr. Moviefone and Charlie Mortdecai's Most Gentlemanly Twitter Spat
- The 10 Weirdest Non-'Star Wars' George Lucas Projects