Who's Replacing Barbara Walters on 'The View'?
By Rob Shuter Posted May 12th 2010 02:01AM
having heart surgery, and the fact that the iconic newswoman has turned 80, sources tell me her hugely successful talk show 'The View' has started to think about a possible replacement. So who will it be? Insiders are mum, but we think we've got the perfect selection. Find out ... after the jump!
"While Barbara is away having her surgery, the show plans to use rotating hosts. However, after Barbara recovers, it remains unclear how much longer she is going to want to work this hard," a source close to the show told me. "As it is right now, Barbara doesn't do the show every day and will probably do it less and less as she gets older."
Complicating matters is the fact that Miss Walters is also the executive producer of 'The View,' so the person whose job it is to find a replacement for Barbara ... is Barbara.
"It's like asking Dick Cheney to find you the perfect Vice President," laughed a 'View' source. "The show needs a more mature perspective, but who's going to suggest to Barbara that her replacement should be the old lady from 'Titanic'? Let's face it, the pool of choices in the 80-year-old category isn't very big."
So who would Barbara's first choice be? "God," a source that has worked with her jokingly tells me.
Hey, we've got a suggestion: Betty White!!!
Watch Girls on Pop discuss Barbara Walters:
Teri Hatcher Won't Be 'Dancing'
She is a mother, 'Desperate Housewife' and even dated Superman, but one thing Teri Hatcher will never be is on 'Dancing With the Stars,' she told me last night at a shindig.
Teri, who looked fantastic and was the first person dancing at the launch party for her new Web site GetHatched.com in collaboration with Disney's Family.com, also told me flat that Angelina Jolie wouldn't be a good Bond girl. However, I wasn't as lucky when I tried to get her to dish about former cast member Nicolette Sheridan's decision to sue the creator of 'Housewives.' "I know nothing," she said.
But most importantly, Hatcher told me that she does have a AOL e-mail address. I knew I loved her.
Tyra Thinks Sarah Palin Is Trying to Steal Her Thunder
Sources tell me that Tyra Banks is not very happy that on the very same day that she announced she is releasing her first novel, Sarah Palin announced she too has another book coming out.
"Miss Tyra doesn't like sharing the spotlight with anyone. This was meant to be the day the whole world was talking about Tyra and her first novel 'Modelland,'" a friend of the former model tells me. "Now, it's all been ruined by Sarah Palin announcing her second book will be titled, 'America By Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith and Flag.' Tyra is convinced this wasn't a coincidence."
Tyra, Tyra, relax! This isn't some big right wing conspiracy against you and your book. Forgive us, we didn't get the memo that this was Tyra Day!
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
"Jersey Shore" cast members grabs drinks before strolling about town to film an episode for the upcoming season in Miami Beach.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Apple Denies iCloud Breach in Statement About Stolen Pictures
- Kim Kardashian Wears Sexy See-Through Skirt, Black Bodysuit With Kanye West: See Her Skintastic Outfit
- Brad Pitt Honored Angelina Jolie's Late Mother, Marcheline Bertrand, at Their Wedding
- In The Midst Of Drugging Scandal, TBS Cancels Cee Lo Green’s ‘The Good Life’
- ?RHOC' Casting Shakeup! Bravo ?Actively Casting' Tamra's Replacement After Drama-Filled Season ? Execs Want A ?Voice Of Reason,' Says Source
- Joan Rivers Remains On Life Support Despite Reports She Would Be Taken Out Of Coma
- Alleged hacked McKayla Maroney pics banned from Reddit; site says she would be underage in them
- Justin Bieber charged with assault, Ontario police say
- Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton reportedly turn down $1 million Las Vegas show deal
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Flashes Incredible Abs, Drops Shorts to Reveal Butt Crack—See the Pics
- Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow Spend Labor Day Weekend Together With the Kids
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson Set to Release Duets Album Just in Time for the Holidays—Get the Details!