Tyler Lambert, Son of Dana Plato, Commits Suicide
By PopEater Staff Posted May 12th 2010 12:24PM
Tyler Lambert, son of 'Diff'rent Strokes' star Dana Plato, committed suicide on May 6, almost exactly 11 years after his mother ended her life. Lambert was 25.
The Tulsa, Oklahoma Office of the Chief Medical Examiner told PopEater that Lambert (pictured above in 1999) died from a self-inflicted shotgun wound to the head. Toxicology tests are pending. Though the office had no more information at this time, the National Enquirer alleges Lambert suffered depression surrounding the anniversary of his mother's death and descended into a drug binge prior to his suicide.
"It's a shame that such a talented human being would do this with his life," his grandmother Joni Richardson tells PEOPLE. "He had all the opportunities in the world and we just can't understand it."
In reports from a not-yet-online National Enquirer piece, Lambert's grandmother said, "Tyler wanted to be with his mother. His father Lanny (Lambert, Plato's ex-husband) is devastated."
Dana Plato committed suicide with prescription pills on May 8, 1999. She was 36 years old. In 2006, a 21-year-old Lambert filed a $20,000 wrongful death lawsuit against Plato's former fiance, claiming he contributed to Plato's death by "not giving immediate medical assistance or contacting medical personnel," according to court documents.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kendall Jenner Just Landed Another Huge Gig: Find Out Which Brand Hired the Rising Model!
- Mike Nichols Mourned by Al Pacino After Death: "He Was the Greatest Director I Ever Worked With"
- Ryan Gosling Gets Restraining Order Against Stalker Who Believes She's His "Twin"
- Travis Alexander Never Loved Jodi Arias, Expert Testifies: Inside Their ?Below The Waist' Relationship
- Fame Over Friends: Money-Hungry Kardashians Have ‘Forgotten’ The Little People In Their Quest For Spotlight, Pals Claim
- Bill Cosby to remain trustee at Temple University
- Country singer Ty Herndon comes out as gay
- CBS news chairman Jeff Fager steps down, stays at '60 Minutes'
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Cries Over Her Mother's ''Betrayal" in Emotional Kendra on Top Sneak Peek: Watch Now!
- Marc Anthony and Shannon De Lima Make Red Carpet Debut as a Married Couple at the 2014 Latin Grammys
- Beyoncé's "Ring Off" Leaks Online and Ends Up Refueling Marriage Trouble Rumors—Listen!