Tyler Lambert, Son of Dana Plato, Commits Suicide
By PopEater Staff Posted May 12th 2010 12:24PM
Tyler Lambert, son of 'Diff'rent Strokes' star Dana Plato, committed suicide on May 6, almost exactly 11 years after his mother ended her life. Lambert was 25.
The Tulsa, Oklahoma Office of the Chief Medical Examiner told PopEater that Lambert (pictured above in 1999) died from a self-inflicted shotgun wound to the head. Toxicology tests are pending. Though the office had no more information at this time, the National Enquirer alleges Lambert suffered depression surrounding the anniversary of his mother's death and descended into a drug binge prior to his suicide.
"It's a shame that such a talented human being would do this with his life," his grandmother Joni Richardson tells PEOPLE. "He had all the opportunities in the world and we just can't understand it."
In reports from a not-yet-online National Enquirer piece, Lambert's grandmother said, "Tyler wanted to be with his mother. His father Lanny (Lambert, Plato's ex-husband) is devastated."
Dana Plato committed suicide with prescription pills on May 8, 1999. She was 36 years old. In 2006, a 21-year-old Lambert filed a $20,000 wrongful death lawsuit against Plato's former fiance, claiming he contributed to Plato's death by "not giving immediate medical assistance or contacting medical personnel," according to court documents.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kevin Zegers, Wife Jaime Feld Welcome Twin Girls: See Their Announcement
- Bachelor Season 20 Frontrunners Are Ben Higgins and Ben Zorn -- It's All About the Benjamins!
- Chace Crawford Dating Blood and Oil Costar Rebecca Rittenhouse — See Photos and Get All the Details From His B-Day
- Puddle of Mudd frontman Wes Scantlin accused of DWI, fleeing police in Minnesota
- Box Office Top 20: 'Ant-Man' beats 'Pixels' by a tentacle; 'Southpaw' outclasses 'Paper Towns'
- Hulk Hogan thanks fans for their support after being released from WWE contract
- Drake Drops Meek Mill Diss Track ''Charged Up'' as Twitter Impatiently Waits for Nicki Minaj's Man to Release His Response
- Anthony Geary's Final Episode on General Hospital Airs and Fan Reaction to Luke Spencer's Goodbye Is So Dramatic
- Puddle of Mudd Singer Wes Scantlin Arrested for DUI in Minnesota—See His Mug Shot!