Danica McKellar Is a Wonder in Maxim Photo Shoot
By PopEater Staff Posted May 13th 2010 10:09PM
Kevin Arnold would die if he saw Winnie Cooper now! Danica McKellar, the brunette actress best known for playing Fred Savage's love interest on the '80s hit show 'Wonder Years,' is featured in Maxim's June Hot 100 magazine.
Posing in just her undergarments, there's no doubt Winnie Cooper's old fans will suddenly remember why she was their first crush. But McKellar is a bit weary when it comes to guys who approach her because of the character she played. "I've always been really cautious about guys who have a Winnie Cooper fantasy, and I'm so glad about that," she says.
McKellar, who is now married and pregnant with her first child, took a break from acting when she discovered in college that math really got her motor running. "I started doing really well ... and solving equations was this, like, drug rush," she tells Maxim. After proving she had what it takes, she was approached to write a book. "I wanted to help girls not be afraid of math. My latest, 'Hot X: Algebra Exposed!' is coming out in August."
Does she look back at her 'Wonder Years' fondly? Does she remember the first kiss between Arnold and her character? "I was 12, and he was 11. That was only about a week after we'd met, and we totally had crushes on each other. But we never kissed offscreen, ever," McKellar recalls.
See all the photos and full interview at Maxim.com.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Shows Off Growing Baby Bump, Kourtney Kardashian Wears Bootylicious Swimsuit: Top Stories
- Matt Bomer Reveals He Married Partner Simon Halls Three Years Ago
- Meryl Streep: I Thought I Was Too Ugly to Be an Actress
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Talks Living in a Homeless Shelter: "I Didn't Want My Son to Be Taken Away From Me"
- Glee's Touching Tribute to Cory Monteith, Death and Deception on Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and More OMG TV Moments!
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day