Joan Jett Doesn't Want You to Eat Meat
By Amber James Posted May 13th 2010 02:20PM
Jett has been a vegetarian for almost 20 years and admits to PopEater that she could not "see the distinction between a pig and a cow or my dog." Now, she's urging others to think about their health before they chomp into another hamburger.
Jett spoke with PopEater about her latest campaign and Joan Jett & The Blackhearts' upcoming tour with Green Day. Watch:
Rocking out on stage, Jett didn't want to be weighed down by the food she was consuming. "I didn't feel good eating meat. It felt very heavy, like it never left my body," she said.
"Being on stage, I didn't want to feel [that heavy feeling], so I stopped eating meat initially for that reason."
Her health is the "number one reason" for not eating meat. Then came her moral decision. "I've been an animal lover since I was conscious," she said.
"It was really about reassessing what I had an appetite for. I always liked fruits and vegetables, so it was really just a matter of cutting out meat and adding more of the other things -- like pasta and beans. "
PopEater Visits Joan Jett in NYC
PopEater visits Joan Jett in Union Square, New York City on May 4th. See more photos. >>
Ben Trivett, Popeater
Ben Trivett, Popeater
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty to threatening to kill
- ?Jurassic World' trailer hits the web
- All three members of Migos hip-hop group arrested after concert
- 'Real Housewives of Orange County' Star Slams Cheating Rumors, Shocked by Divorce
- Bobby Brown Clarifies Conflicting Reports on Bobbi Kristina's Condition
- Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin Move Forward to Finalizing Divorce
- Porsha Williams Says Supporting Real Housewives of Atlanta Costar Phaedra Parks Was "Easy"
- Cissy Houston Says Bobbi Kristina Remains Unresponsive and Her Brain Damage Is "Irreversible"
- Amal Alamuddin's Floral Gemstone Earrings Are Just Too Fabulous: See Her Ultra-Glam Spring Accessories!