Will Miley Cyrus Become the Next Lindsay Lohan?
By Rob Shuter Posted May 13th 2010 02:00AM
"Everyone in Hollywood is worried that Miley is on the path to becoming the next Lindsay Lohan," confessed a Hollywood casting agent. "It's the oldest story in showbiz -- when child star grows up and loses his or her entire fan base. For every Jodie Foster that exists, so does a Gary Coleman." More on Miley -- including what an original teen queen thinks -- after the jump!
Friends of Miley tell me she is sick of being seen as squeaky clean Hannah Montana and can't wait to be more like her real self, while no-one in Miley's inner circle, including both of her parents, dares warn her about such an extreme reinvention.
However, one person who is happy to give Miley advice is the original teen queen, Deborah Gibson. "I adore Miley and think she's an amazing talent! But it's hard to have somewhere to go when you rush the growing up process," she tells me. "That's not to say she shouldn't show her sexuality if she's comfortable with it, but there's a sense of 'playing dress up' when it's so extreme."
I agree with Deb on this, Miley. Take your time deciding who you want to grow up to be. Your decisions will start defining you.
Jennifer Aniston's Trip to the Doctor
Don't worry America -- I'm talking about Jennifer's appearance this Friday, May 14th, on everyone's favorite medical show, 'Dr. Oz.' The special, called 'Ask Dr. Oz: Celebrity Edition,' features interviews with Jennifer Aniston, Mary J. Blige, Martha Stewart and Whoopi Goldberg.
And you won't believe what some of your favorite stars are asking. See what Jennifer asks in the exclusive clip below. No, its not baby news!
At my friend Teri Hatcher's party last night, I was surprised when the normally on-message star told me outright that Angelina Jolie wouldn't be right to play the part of a Bond girl.
Teri, who played the part of Paris Carver in the 007 flick ' Tomorrow Never Dies' in 1997, told me, "I don't really know the young girls," when I asked her who should be the next Bond girl, but said "no" when I asked if it should be Angelina. "A Bond girl should be about both the body and the brain," Teri said.
Not wanting to upset my host, I didn't ask which Angelina was lacking!
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
"Jersey Shore" cast members grabs drinks before strolling about town to film an episode for the upcoming season in Miami Beach.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Documentary 'Doin' it in the Park' is a loving ode to New York playground basketball
- Cannes prostitutes can make $40,000 ? a night?
- Nicole Kidman plays Grace Kelly in movie set for 2014 Oscar season
- Cannes: Alanis Morissette Cast in Kickstarter Project
- Cannes: D Street Releasing Takes 'Jail Caesar'
- Cannes Washout: Rain Drenched Glamour on the Cote d'Azur
- This Week On Stage: Sigourney and Co. extend, Billy Crystal Back to Broadway
- ?Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch)
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted!
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2
- 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title