Barbara Walters Recovering From Heart Surgery
By PopEater Staff Posted May 14th 2010 05:28PM
"Barbara Walters' surgery went well and the doctors are very pleased with the outcome," says the rep to the 80-year-old 'View' star. Walters' had valve replacement. She had explained that one of her heart valves was getting "tighter and smaller" and that it needed to be replaced.
"Nobody wants to have this kind of surgery," Walters said when she announced she was going under the knife. "It's not elective."
'The View' host expects to be sidelined for at least one month while she recovers. Want specifics on her surgery? Get more info on valve replacement here.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vanessa Bayer Transforms Into Friends Characters on Jimmy Kimmel Live: Watch Now!
- Jennifer Lawrence Shows Off Her Long Legs at Hunger Games Exhibit Launch: See the Photos!
- Magic Mike XXL Review: Ladies Get Their Money's Worth in Channing Tatum's Oiled-Up, Stripper-Filled Sequel
- James Patterson's 'Zoo': Humans in big trouble when animals take back planet on new series
- Alex Trebek raps the 'Fresh Prince' theme song on 'Jeopardy'
- Journey drummer Deen Castronovo in jail for rape
- Alexa Chung Proves Festival Style Can Be Glam, Pairs Metallic Mini With Rubber Boots
- Misty Copeland Makes History, Is Named First Black Principal Ballerina at American Ballet Theater
- Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Pretty Little Liars, Teen Wolf, Empire, Agent Carter and More!