Law & Over: Original 'Order' Is Officially Canceled
By Andrew Scott Posted May 14th 2010 01:00PM
"The full measure of the collective contributions made by Dick Wolf and his 'Law & Order' franchise over the last two decades to the success of NBC and Universal Media Studios cannot be overstated. The legacy of his original 'Law & Order' series will continue to make an impact like no other series before," Jeff Gaspin, Chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment said in a statement.
'Law & Order' will have its series finale on Mon., May 24 at 10PM ET. The show ends after 20 seasons on the air, which ties 'Gunsmoke''s record as the longest-running drama in television history.
Although the mothership will be disappearing, fans of the legal franchise will be happy to learn that NBC has picked up the popular 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' for another season and will rev up a new series based in Los Angeles, nicknamed 'LOLA.'
Deadline first reported the story on Thursday.
Read More on TV Squad >>>
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher chat on set of their new film 'Friends with Benefits' on May 13th.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner Set to Appear As Woman on Vanity Fair Cover: Details
- Bruce Jenner, Kylie Jenner Bond on Keeping Up With the Kardashians Midseason Finale: Watch a Clip!
- Ethan Embry: Kissing Jennifer Love Hewitt in Can't Hardly Wait Was "Uncomfortable," She Gave Me a "Big Basket of Breath Mints!"
- TV star Dustin Diamond convicted of misdemeanors in Christmas Day stabbing
- Matt Weiner talks ?Mad Men' finale: ?I had a ton of doubts'
- Put Down That Thong, Girl: Granny Panties Are (Apparently) Coming Back in Style
- Chris Pratt Hilariously Shows Off the British Accent He Picked Up From England's Version of Jersey Shore: Watch Now!
- Trista Sutter Reminds Us That the Bachelor Franchise Does Result in Lasting Love...Sometimes!