Law & Over: Original 'Order' Is Officially Canceled
By Andrew Scott Posted May 14th 2010 01:00PM
"The full measure of the collective contributions made by Dick Wolf and his 'Law & Order' franchise over the last two decades to the success of NBC and Universal Media Studios cannot be overstated. The legacy of his original 'Law & Order' series will continue to make an impact like no other series before," Jeff Gaspin, Chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment said in a statement.
'Law & Order' will have its series finale on Mon., May 24 at 10PM ET. The show ends after 20 seasons on the air, which ties 'Gunsmoke''s record as the longest-running drama in television history.
Although the mothership will be disappearing, fans of the legal franchise will be happy to learn that NBC has picked up the popular 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' for another season and will rev up a new series based in Los Angeles, nicknamed 'LOLA.'
Deadline first reported the story on Thursday.
Read More on TV Squad >>>
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher chat on set of their new film 'Friends with Benefits' on May 13th.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Teresa Giudice Will Have to Clean Her Cell, Complete a Work Assignment in Prison: Check Out These Prison Rules
- Kim Kardashian Shares Secret For Putting North to Sleep, Says Kanye West "Comes Up With Every Idea"
- Heidi Montag Graces First Red Carpet After Breast Reduction Surgery
- Face Of A Killer? Alleged Marysville School Shooter Bragged About Arsenal Online ? See The Chilling Posts
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Nick Cannon Focusing on Family Through Mariah Carey Split, Says He Doesn't ''Pay Attention'' to Amber Rose Rumors
- WWE Total Divas' Eva Marie Steps Out in Her Wedding Dress—See the Risqué Design!
- Dolce & Gabbana Founders Found Innocent in Tax Evasion Case: "We Knew It!!! We Are Honest People!"