Law & Over: Original 'Order' Is Officially Canceled
By Andrew Scott Posted May 14th 2010 01:00PM
"The full measure of the collective contributions made by Dick Wolf and his 'Law & Order' franchise over the last two decades to the success of NBC and Universal Media Studios cannot be overstated. The legacy of his original 'Law & Order' series will continue to make an impact like no other series before," Jeff Gaspin, Chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment said in a statement.
'Law & Order' will have its series finale on Mon., May 24 at 10PM ET. The show ends after 20 seasons on the air, which ties 'Gunsmoke''s record as the longest-running drama in television history.
Although the mothership will be disappearing, fans of the legal franchise will be happy to learn that NBC has picked up the popular 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' for another season and will rev up a new series based in Los Angeles, nicknamed 'LOLA.'
Deadline first reported the story on Thursday.
Read More on TV Squad >>>
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher chat on set of their new film 'Friends with Benefits' on May 13th.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Eddie Redmayne: My Wife and I Love Friends, Stalked Jennifer Aniston
- Ryan Knight's Ex-Girlfriend Jemmye Carroll Reflects on His Death: "Living Too Fast Was His Motto"
- Gabrielle Union Explains Why She Asked Dwyane Wade for a Prenup: "I Have My Own Wagon and Star"
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl puppy ad after outrage from animal rescue groups
- Alfred Hitchcock's shelved Holocaust documentary cannot be denied
- Larry Wilmore takes on ?American Sniper' on ?The Nightly Show'
- Taylor Swift Is "Dead"...and It's All Madonna's Fault!
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden Pack on the PDA for L.A. Lakers' Kiss Cam Just Three Weeks After Their Wedding!
- Gabrielle Union Recasts Bring It On, Reveals Surprise Dream Role and Talks Importance of Strengthening Her Own Brand