Law & Over: Original 'Order' Is Officially Canceled
By Andrew Scott Posted May 14th 2010 01:00PM
"The full measure of the collective contributions made by Dick Wolf and his 'Law & Order' franchise over the last two decades to the success of NBC and Universal Media Studios cannot be overstated. The legacy of his original 'Law & Order' series will continue to make an impact like no other series before," Jeff Gaspin, Chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment said in a statement.
'Law & Order' will have its series finale on Mon., May 24 at 10PM ET. The show ends after 20 seasons on the air, which ties 'Gunsmoke''s record as the longest-running drama in television history.
Although the mothership will be disappearing, fans of the legal franchise will be happy to learn that NBC has picked up the popular 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' for another season and will rev up a new series based in Los Angeles, nicknamed 'LOLA.'
Deadline first reported the story on Thursday.
Read More on TV Squad >>>
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher chat on set of their new film 'Friends with Benefits' on May 13th.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hilaria Baldwin Reveals How She Lost 18 Pounds of Pregnancy Weight in 10 Weeks
- Cat Deeley Expecting First Child With Husband Patrick Kielty
- Sesame Street Parodies Meg Ryan's Orgasm Scene From When Harry Met Sally: Watch!
- Tori Spelling suing Benihana over burns from falling on grill
- Cindy Crawford doesn't understand why unflattering photo makes other feel good
- Courtney Stodden's mom Krista regrets letting daughter marry older husband
- Hipster Barbie Hilariously Mocks Being "Authentic" on Instagram
- Has The Bachelorette's Josh Murray Found Love Again?! Andi Dorfman's Ex Posts Cryptic Pic With Beautiful Blonde
- Karlie Kloss Is a Cute College Co-Ed on Her First Day of College at NYU—See the Pic!